Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: FS: Magnaflow exhaust and MSA cat deletes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ron5.0 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Miami, FL
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: FS: Magnaflow exhaust and MSA cat deletes

Members don't see this ad
    I'm interested in just the X pipe if your willing to part out.
    Is this from the secondary cats back?
    I see the X pipe and the mufflers, but where does the other piece go? Little confused

Bert Man is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Long Island
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ron5.0 View Post
    I'm interested in just the X pipe if your willing to part out.
    Is this from the secondary cats back?
    I see the X pipe and the mufflers, but where does the other piece go? Little confused
    Yes its from the secondary cats back. Sorry but I cant just sell the X pipe. That would more then likely render the rest of the exhaust components undesirable

celltech is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

So I have a '15 and this won't fit, but what does it sound like...and why are you getting rid of it? Was there the dreaded drone?

Bert Man is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Long Island
    Cars in my garage

Lease is up, no drone

Cat Deletes SOLD

ssiperko is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in IL
    Cars in my garage

Bert, do you still have the exhaust?

IF so what is your seat of the pants and IF you know performance (1/4 runs?) gains on YOUR car from stock. I'm not looking for pie in the sky just an opinion on gains from stock.... ups and downs.

Windows up at 80 mph cruise more/less/same exhaust noise?

The thing I love about this car is the quiet at cruise. The thing I'd love more of is roar under hard acceleration.

Can I live with stock? Mehhhhh .... yea. Is more better HECK yeaH!

SS
    I will not be here for a long time I will however be here for good time!

I live in Long Island
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssiperko View Post
    Bert, do you still have the exhaust?

IF so what is your seat of the pants and IF you know performance (1/4 runs?) gains on YOUR car from stock. I'm not looking for pie in the sky just an opinion on gains from stock.... ups and downs.

Windows up at 80 mph cruise more/less/same exhaust noise?

The thing I love about this car is the quiet at cruise. The thing I'd love more of is roar under hard acceleration.

Can I live with stock? Mehhhhh .... yea. Is more better HECK yeaH!

SS
    Now that the car is back to stock, I honestly feel a difference at highway passing speeds. I already miss the nice grumble/growl you get under light and hard acceleration in the 2500-4000rpm range.

75-80mph highway cruise is right in my sweet spot and typically where I drive everyday (60 miles a day). Now that Im back to stock, the car is extremely quiet. With the exhaust, the car is still very quiet but you will always know you have an aftermarket exhaust on the car. But I would not call it drone at highway speeds.

The only time I would hear drone (in my opinion) would be if the car drops all the way to 8th gear, your between 1300-1500 rpms AND your trying to accelerate at very light load going uphill without causing it to downshift. A rare situation but it has happened. But even, then a quick tap of the gas and your back into the sweetspot of the rpm range and cant enjoy that V8 grunt.

ssiperko is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in IL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Man View Post
    Now that the car is back to stock, I honestly feel a difference at highway passing speeds. I already miss the nice grumble/growl you get under light and hard acceleration in the 2500-4000rpm range.

75-80mph highway cruise is right in my sweet spot and typically where I drive everyday (60 miles a day). Now that Im back to stock, the car is extremely quiet. With the exhaust, the car is still very quiet but you will always know you have an aftermarket exhaust on the car. But I would not call it drone at highway speeds.

The only time I would hear drone (in my opinion) would be if the car drops all the way to 8th gear, your between 1300-1500 rpms AND your trying to accelerate at very light load going uphill without causing it to downshift. A rare situation but it has happened. But even, then a quick tap of the gas and your back into the sweetspot of the rpm range and cant enjoy that V8 grunt.
    Being "old" I enjoy the quiet, 60+ miles a day myself, 1/2 at 70-90 mph on the way home. I installed WeatherTech window visors and the noise with windows cracked is making me think to remove them.
    I have a SpeedBooster so throttle position is much better (it works well) on downshifts/holding the right gear at local speeds.

My bride is my concern..... this is our "comfort" ride and I don't want her annoyed by cabin noise. Hum ....

Appreciate the input .... I'm a junkie for speed/power in all I have although I've installed a stock muffler on my modded Kawi ZRX motorcycle. DOH!

SS

I live in Long Island
    Cars in my garage

bump

Paul is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 1G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Jacksonville, Fl.
    Cars in my garage

Bert,

Any chance that you still have the exhaust? I'm not looking to low ball you, but whats the lowest you'll go for it shipped to 32234?
    Paul
    2012 5.0 Sedan (Non R-Spec)

Roc is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2013 5.0 R Spec
    I live in Md
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I did and do not regret it. Once you see the tight screening in the 2nd cats you'll know the restriction they cause. With deletes, no hum or drum just hear the engine gain volume. Also removing the magnets( or at least one) from the intake box awakens every thing from idle on up. Plus no problem passing emissions since aft of the sensors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12