Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Phone Won't Stay Connected to USB
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dsw13 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan

Default Re: Phone Won't Stay Connected to USB

Members don't see this ad
    The problem seems to have corrected itself. I have been making an extra effort to ensure a firm connection when first plugging in the phone, but I'm not convinced that's what's doing it because even though it wasn't conscious, the way I usually connect a phone is firmly so I doubt I'm doing anything other than being aware of what I am doing. I have gone through other stretches where it works fine, so I think it is likely the problem will recur in a few days times. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong, otherwise it's off to the dealer.

Reviving an old thread to update in the hopes that someone else has had this issue.

The problem stayed corrected for two or three months, including getting a new phone (iPhone 7+). About six weeks ago, the usb connection stopped working again. I tried using an apple wire, other phones, and a usb stick. The problem I had was that every time I'd bring it to the dealer, they would plug one of their own phones in and it would work and then work on mine for a couple of days before petering out again. The dealer refused to do anything because they kept being able to correct it and assumed it was an issue with my phone (even though I had the same problem with my wife's phone, my daughter's ipod, and the usb stick). Finally tried another dealer who told me to try the hyndai usb wire (it was only five bucks). They said that seems to correct similar issues on alot of Hyundais. Unfortunately, on the way to the dealer it started working again. Picked up the new wire anyways and am hoping it continues to work with the new wire. I am not optimistic but at least this dealer told me that if the problem recurs with the new wire they'll order a new usb port without running me through the ringer like the other dealer.

Update:

At the risk of jinxing myself, it's been about three weeks and the new wire seems to have done the trick.

Bmos is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Tau Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by dsw13 View Post
    Reviving an old thread to update in the hopes that someone else has had this issue.

The problem stayed corrected for two or three months, including getting a new phone (iPhone 7+). About six weeks ago, the usb connection stopped working again. I tried using an apple wire, other phones, and a usb stick. The problem I had was that every time I'd bring it to the dealer, they would plug one of their own phones in and it would work and then work on mine for a couple of days before petering out again. The dealer refused to do anything because they kept being able to correct it and assumed it was an issue with my phone (even though I had the same problem with my wife's phone, my daughter's ipod, and the usb stick). Finally tried another dealer who told me to try the hyndai usb wire (it was only five bucks). They said that seems to correct similar issues on alot of Hyundais. Unfortunately, on the way to the dealer it started working again. Picked up the new wire anyways and am hoping it continues to work with the new wire. I am not optimistic but at least this dealer told me that if the problem recurs with the new wire they'll order a new usb port without running me through the ringer like the other dealer.
    Still working? Having identical issue with Android phone, tried multiple cables, trying to figure out if it's USB issue or event occurring on phone which disrupts connection.
    2015 Genesis 5.0

Members don't see this ad
    Sorry for the delayed response as I don't stop by here very much anymore. Fingers crossed but yes, still working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12