Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Hoosier Dave is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Indiana/Florida

Default Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Members don't see this ad
    Larry, I certainly not a gear head and only have 500 miles on my car so far--but there's been no vibration or signs of flat spots on the tires. My G-80 has the standard Michelin 245/45/r18 tires. I have not checked the psi on the tires since the ride seems great. A friend of mine bought a new Avalon last year after owning two other Avalons over the years. He couldn't stand the bumpy ride and out of desperation took some of the air out of all four tires and was then very satisfied!

mrich1353 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in York, PA

Regarding tires; I drive a lot of miles and will go over 1000 in my first 7 tomorrow. This has been a very busy week. I noticed the tires on this car and one I had for weekend test drive had over inflated tires. Backing down pressure helped eliminate most what seemed out of of spec tire vibration. I asked for SA about the pressure because the door panel specs indicate 33PSI is correct. My car was delivered closer to 40PSI as was the demo I drove. He indicated they come in 45+PSI for shipping. They don't back off to 32. I went from 39 to 25 and noticed improvement; this weekend I plan to back off to 33PSI to see how they feel. I've had out of spec (round) tires before and the feel isn't quite the same. Mine seem to have smoothed out with all my highway driving.

richbegelfer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Phoenix, AZ

The thing is Larry, the 2017 G80 5.0 comes with 35/40 aspect ratio tires, not 45s as you indicated for your V6. They checked the power rack ... NOPE! I dropped my tire pressure to 31 front 33 rear from 33 front 35 rear per the door sticker. It rode a little smoother, but the vibration is still present. The repurchase department is "considering" my case now. We'll see what happens. NO, I did not write that book on the vibration issue to vent. I've interviewed several G80 drivers on the road about it and folks on this site gain insight from very descriptive posts, like mine. I've referred many folks to this site so they can see what I and others are doing about these problems, like Jim in CT ("Throwing in the Towel thread" - just got a buyback approval).

Larry Reimer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80
    I live in Fort Lauderdale FL

Quote Originally Posted by richbegelfer View Post
    The thing is Larry, the 2017 G80 5.0 comes with 35/40 aspect ratio tires, not 45s as you indicated for your V6. They checked the power rack ... NOPE! I dropped my tire pressure to 31 front 33 rear from 33 front 35 rear per the door sticker. It rode a little smoother, but the vibration is still present. The repurchase department is "considering" my case now. We'll see what happens. NO, I did not write that book on the vibration issue to vent. I've interviewed several G80 drivers on the road about it and folks on this site gain insight from very descriptive posts, like mine. I've referred many folks to this site so they can see what I and others are doing about these problems, like Jim in CT ("Throwing in the Towel thread" - just got a buyback approval).
    WOW Rich!! I thought it might be the Power Steering Motor and was worth a shot..........I know how frustrating a Lemon car can be - way "back in the day" I bought a brand new 1978 Caddy Eldorado Biarritz that turned "sour" on me (before the Lemon Law was in effect) and I ended up trading it off a year later on a 79 New Yorker, but it sure caused me major angst..........even today there must be cars on a Production Run that come out just "not up to spec" - as far as the Tire Issue goes I didn't realize the 5.0 had Lower Aspect Ratio tires and, fact is, Lower Aspect tires always ride "harder" as I've had them on previous cars over the years - even things like Flat Spotting and Out of Round are amplified...........

Let me post yet another example of "car issues' - my Wife bought a 2007 Mercedes S550 Sedan new - $92,000. Always properly maintained since new. At 100,000 miles (and I know that's not lo milage but properly maintained a car like this should go 300,000) the following happened: A/C Broke Down, ECM and Starting ECM failed, all 4 struts and Air Suspension failed, Water Pimp & Timing CHAIN failed, Front suspension Ball Joints failed.........total to fix was $15,000 - yet my personal Mechanic who was a Mercedes Expert for years and now in Private Business, bought his Daughter a Hyundai Accent for College Graduation 15 yrs ago - she still uses it for her Daily Driver into work in Manhattan - has only done Regular Maintenance and has 335,000 miles on it........go figure. I know it won't make Rich feel any better about his new G80 5.0, but as they say "shit happens" - and some people are the undeserved recipients of it.

RonG80 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Long Island, NY

Hi. I'm new here. I picked up my New 2017 G80 last Saturday. White/Black AWD Premium Pkg. (only color in stock and I didn't want to wait) I replaced my 2014 Genesis Sedan Base car because the RWD was annoying in NY.

pmcjr is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Florida

I think you will really like the white. My '17 G80 is also white, because I am partial to white cars. They don't show dust and dirt like a dark color and still shines up very nicely. Congratulations.
    2017 Genesis G80 3.8
    Casablanca White

I picked up mine two weeks ago, G80 5.0 V8 Ultimate in Patagonia Blue, love it so far!

sstatner is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Coconut Creek, FL

Hello...I am new here. Just bought my first Genesis G80.

Members don't see this ad
    Do any of you know how to shut OFF the Turn Signal "clicking"?? - have looked in Manual and the Onscreen Info and don't see it - it's so damn LOUD it's distracting

Larry

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast