Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    ccleveng is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Northern VA

Default Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Members don't see this ad
    Just picked up my 2018 G80 Sport AWD last week. Sevilla Red with black interior. Coming from a 2012 Genesis 3.8 w/ Tech Package that I loved, but this new ride blows that one away. G80.jpg

oldtimer is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2018Genesis 3.3T
    I live in montreal canada

Congrats; I pick up mine this Friday. Polar Ice w/Grey interior. My third Gennie (2010 and 2015 previously) Simply hooked on the car. Originally ordered a 2018 Q5 but cancelled and came home to the Genesis.
    Jack in Montreal
    2018 3.3t Sport
    Polar Ice/Grey interior (third Gennie)

Richard Wendt is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Hot Springs Arkansas

Checking in from Hot Springs, Arkansas. I leased a 2017 G80 with the premium package. This is my second Genesis as I also owned a 2013 Base model. All in all I have about eight Hyundais since 2009.

Initial impressions are that it is a fine quiet highway cruiser with a few annoyances. I don't know if I will ever be used to the large grill. The Sport model has corrected that issue. The compartment where the 12 volt connections should be deeper and it should have four dedicated cup holder in the front. The computed mileage is optimistic. Fuelly.com quickly showed that to be the case.

But all in all most everything is fine. It will serve my purposes fine for what I need it to do. I have no payments for three years and will likely turn in the keys in 2020.

I purchased it for $40,000. The trade ins were based on NADA value.

Don88 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G80 Ultimate RWD Caspian Black, Mud Guards (F & B)
    I live in Vancouver WA USA

We picked up our new Black 2018 Genesis G 80 on 09/21/17 with the Ultimate pkg

It is a very nice driving motorcar!

Question; what is the trick to get the Touch ID logon to work in the Genesis App? IOS 11
    And, what are the posts on the "A" pillars for?

And the learning just keeps on, and on! :-)

Don, Annie & Buddy (7 lb, 7 year old Yorkie
    Vancouver, WA

Mcc is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Don88 View Post
    We picked up our new Black 2018 Genesis G 80 on 09/21/17 with the Ultimate pkg

It is a very nice driving motorcar!

Question; what is the trick to get the Touch ID logon to work in the Genesis App? IOS 11
    And, what are the posts on the "A" pillars for?

And the learning just keeps on, and on! :-)

Don, Annie & Buddy (7 lb, 7 year old Yorkie
    Vancouver, WA
    I use the app often although I don’t use Touch ID. However I just tried it and it works fine.
    1. Turn on Touch ID
    2. Login with your password. It will tell you that Touch ID will be enabled the next time you log on. But that is not quite true
    3. You need to Kill the app. Now when you open it again it will ask for Touch ID
    The posts on the A pillar are clothes hangers, like the ones on the overhead grips.

Hello All I have had my G80 sport 2018 since July 19 2017
    Uncle chip
    Two oil catch cans

Next is
    HKS BOV
    And
    Hidden modification that I’m going to test thoroughly before sharing don’t wanna blow anyone’s engine

dlcpa is offline Hasn't posted much yet...

Hi, I just leased a 2018 G80 basic pkg in Serengeti Metallic Brown. I wasn't going to get another one as I had a 2013 Genesis that got messed up after going over something in the middle of the night that ultimately caused oil loss and the engine seizing. Hyundai stopped making engines for that car. A lotta good that does for the hundred thousand Mile 10 year guarantee on the powertrain. My engine only had twenty-seven thousand miles on it. So that's why I leased the new one.

So, I got into the G80 and totally fell in love with it again based on how it drove. It really is a lot different than the 2013 and I found it a lot better than the 2017 which I drove as a loaner when my car was in service.

One thing I can't get used to it yet is the navigation as it seems like Google Maps was so much simpler and more direct I just dictated a name and it found it in the general area. There may be something I can do with Blue Link but I haven't had time to check that out yet. In addition I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 because my Galaxy Note 4 is at Samsung being repaired and I think that will run Android auto.

So, I love the way the car drives and feels and I really think it's worth every penny I'm paying for the lease. I got the car from Delray Hyundai Genesis on September 23rd. I was really convinced that I should get something higherlike a Santa Fe but once I got in the car it had me plus it has so many more advantages in safety than I had in 2013. Plus navigation is free where on the 2013 I had to get a $4,000 package which included a sunroof and in South Florida I don't need a sunroof to leave open when in rains like crazy for half an hour and the car smells for 3 years.

I'm glad I found this site and I hope to be sharing lots of great things with you guys. I also had an XG 300 back in 2001 so I'm kind of a believer in Hyundai.

DLCPA

denisemarie is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Just traded in my Genesis 2015 Ultimate for the 2018 G80 with Ultimate; both Black Exterior and Ivory Interior. Real Love the car. 2018 wireless charge, apple car play and free Blue Link Package with Valet Service and free oil changes are all wins! It seems Hyundai will FINALLY make the move separating Genesis from Hyundai; much like Toyota's Lexus breakaway. Genesis deserves and needs to be a stand alone car with its own upscale dealership. Purchased 2018 thru a "Genesis" dealership, housed in its own building next to Hyundai Dealership, for a much improved experience. Really Hope Genesis keeps moving toward becoming a true stand alone line with separate dealerships, if they don't break from Hyundai, as awesome as the car is, it will be much move difficult for Genesis to reach its full potential as a prestigious luxury sedan, in a class all ts own... potentially beating out Lexus. Genesis G80 and G90 are backing Lexus in a corner and have them on the ropes... but as long as Hyundai dealerships and service departments continue to fall short on customer service, Genesis can't deliver Lexus the knock out punch. Genesis had me at hello, but they need to improve the buying and service departments, and truly separate from Hyundai to win over Lexus buyers.
    Last edited by denisemarie; 10-01-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Don88 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G80 Ultimate RWD Caspian Black, Mud Guards (F & B)
    I live in Vancouver WA USA

Hi All,

We became a 2018 Caspian Black Ivory/Ivory Interior G-80 3.8 RWD Ultimate on Sept 21, 2017. It is the greatest, most fun car to drive of my life! 'Use to be an Avalon Limited fan but this G-80 is almost perfect. "Almost" because the GPS is a bit of a disappointment. The Limited's GPS listed Exits and Rest stops on the screen. Rest Stops are a necessity when having a "Buddy" (7 lb Yorkie) along. We're retired folks; I was going to school when Amelia Earhart was looking for a beach to land on. Home is, Vancouver, WA.

Take care all,

Don & Annie

Mcc is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Don88 View Post
    Hi All,

We became a 2018 Caspian Black Ivory/Ivory Interior G-80 3.8 RWD Ultimate on Sept 21, 2017. It is the greatest, most fun car to drive of my life! 'Use to be an Avalon Limited fan but this G-80 is almost perfect. "Almost" because the GPS is a bit of a disappointment. The Limited's GPS listed Exits and Rest stops on the screen. Rest Stops are a necessity when having a "Buddy" (7 lb Yorkie) along. We're retired folks; I was going to school when Amelia Earhart was looking for a beach to land on. Home is, Vancouver, WA.

Take care all,

Don & Annie
    I might be able to help you make your G80 a little more perfect. When you are in the destination mode you can turn on the turn by turn mode in the assistant window. If you are on the freeway this will show all exits, not sure about rest stops. CE7554AA-3B3D-4BA8-AE0D-BAB4B00F2BD5.jpgRemember you have to have set a destination. Hope this is close to what you are looking for.

Cpetion305 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in FL

Hi all! ... Just picked up my new 2017 G80 Premium Patagonia Blue with Grey/white interior. This is actually my 1st luxury car. I must say, i'm crazy impressed by this car. I've been stalking the Genesis brand for the past 4 years. I can't believe that I'm actually driving this car. I had to check outside my window a few times just to make sure that it's still outside. One of the my favorite finishing touches on this car is the Genesis Hologram when you're entering or leaving the car....

And check this out... when you view the led lights through your phone, it has this cool Michael Knight effect!

Just did my tints... will be blacking out the lights...

Just a sliiiiiiiight upgrade!

four is offline Supporting Member What I drive: G80 Sport
    I live in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Cpetion305 View Post
    Hi all! ... Just picked up my new 2017 G80 Premium Patagonia Blue with Grey/white interior.
    Congrats! There's nothing better than seeing someone thrilled with their new purchase. I'm four months in and I still get a grin every time I start it.

exit56 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2018 G80 Sport - Havana Red
    I live in Long Island

Just got the G80 Sport in "Havana Red" last week. Love it...

thebigernman is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2018 G80 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

Good evening All... Picked up My Genesis G80 Ultimate 3.8 RWD August 10, 2018... a Beautiful Himalayan Gray with luscious Ivory interior. Love the feel and luxury of this car... has started a new hobby for me... Auto Detailing. Look forward to enjoying this forum and its members. Have a wondrous week.
    Best
    Ernie

ReneL is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 G80 3.8 AWD premium
    I live in Nor Cal

Members don't see this ad
    Just brought home my new 2017 G80 3.8 AWD w/premium package. Casablanca white with black interior. So far have only driven it home but so far so good. I’m looking forward to enjoying the new ride.
    Last edited by ReneL; 11-11-2017 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Trying to figure out how to post pics lol.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast