Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G90 Review Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Aquineas is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX

Default Re: Genesis G90 Review Thread

Members don't see this ad
    Oooh I think I missed the increased adjustability of the seats in the other reviews I've seen. Add that to the features I'm envious of.
    Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar

Goaterguy is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!

Goaterguy is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!

I live in Georgetown, TX

White seems to make the car look a bit more bulbous for some reason.

balfor is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA

Quote Originally Posted by Aquineas View Post
    White seems to make the car look a bit more bulbous for some reason.
    I noticed that too, I really like the white on the g80's but I think for the 90 it looks better in a darker color. Black looks great followed by the dark grey, seems to suit the body style for some reason.

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

Savagegeese review (imo, the best online/youtube reviewer along w/ Alex on Autos).

Some great technical info. and the criticisms about the interior are spot on (could be easily changed for the MCE).

Hyundai may not have to spend the $$ on a new lightweight platform yet.

For the next gen, the G90 could easily lose some pounds by using aluminum and other lightweight materials in key areas (if Hyundai can use a good amount of aluminum on the Ioniq, can certainly do so on the G90), fix the parts of the interior that needs addressing (like I have always stated, touch-points like the door releases should be the real deal, as pointed out in the review) and make the sheetmetal more exciting by incorporating cues from the New York concept.

Speaking of Alex on Autos - here's AoA's review on the G90 (for those who haven't yet seen it).

And his latest on the Kia Cadenza (just to show how far the Koreans have come and likely to see elements of both in the new K900 which has been seen testing in Korea).

Savagegeese really liked the suspension tune-up on the Elantra Sport and the early drives of the Kia Stinger prototype have been promising, so good indications for the G70 being the fun Genesis sedan.
    Last edited by YEH; 03-03-2017 at 05:05 AM.

balfor is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA

Thanks for the post, I did not catch the Savagegeese review was on YouTube yet so I just watched it. I like his reviews in general but I don't like some of the childish comments, espeically given the target demographic for the G90 is probably age 50+ and not a goofy millennial. Also he really flogs the car a lot harder than most would a luxury car like the G90 but good to see it can handle it. I doubt most owners would drive in that manner. Still I'll have to drive one, I need to see how it compares to my '15 Genesis.

On Alex's review I was a bit dissapointed as he did not seem to do a separate naviagtion system review as he usually does and did not spend as much time on the interior as he did the G80/past Genesis. Still good to see the different perspectives. It seems the reviews are by and large very positive.

I live in Georgetown, TX

I like savagegeese reviews as well, though I disagree with his comments about the wood interior. I hate carbon-fiber (or faux carbon-fiber) or aluminum interiors; they are too stark and dark for me.

leggy is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal

Very nice and positive reviews although some cosmetic observations depend on personal preferences but in general, very fair reviews.
    I agree on ride quality on non smooth roads but can't make a judgment and compare to other luxury brands as I haven't drove them.
    Price/performance wise, the G90 is almost unbeatable. My cousin who mainly drives S class was impressed with the car look, finishing, features and specially knowing I pay almost half to what he pays for his 2015 S550 with less annual mileage than I got.

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquineas View Post
    I like savagegeese reviews as well, though I disagree with his comments about the wood interior. I hate carbon-fiber (or faux carbon-fiber) or aluminum interiors; they are too stark and dark for me.
    Was speaking more about his comment about the lack of an unfinished/matte wood option (kinda silly for Hyundai to have that on the G80 and not the G90 for the US market), not to mention stuff like the silver painted plastic door releases.

The wood trim on the G90 is so glossy that it has a fake-looking sheen to it (the fake wood trim in the Cadenza actually looks better in videos).

Carbon-fiber wouldn't fit on a vehicle like the G90 (not that it would be my choice at all, but there's well done carbon fiber and the cheaper stuff) and can't simply have aluminum as a finish on all those spots.

From both reviews, sounds like the 3.3TT V6 is a gem - which really bodes well for the G70 and Kia Stinger (and hopefully, we'll see a higher out-put variant for a performance version).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast