Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G90 Review Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL

Default Re: Genesis G90 Review Thread

Members don't see this ad
    I have been in BM's and Audis that had fake looking wood. Not sure if it was real, but it appeared to be photo print on metal.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

MotoMan 5.0 First Drive.

MotoMan has reviewed the 3.3TT prior, but what is of note in this review is MotoMan describing how maneuverable the G90 5.0 is for a large, heavy sedan.

Riley2323 is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

I question how someone can tell the difference between the v8 and v6 with out having both right there and testing both within the same hour. All you can really do is use accelerometers for this debate.

It reminds me of these taste tests....Coke vs. Pepsi. I was in a taste test once and only one of about 15 were able to tell the difference between the two. So people give their senses way too much credit.

When he clicks into Sport mode, there is a huge difference! The acceleration and shifting response difference is insane. He completely missed that! Also talking about massage seats? Am I missing something in my Ultimate?

Thanks for this post...there are not many if any that do the comparison, and it seems the majority are the B6.

bkleebauer is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Delaware Beaches

They need to take those awful Continental Conti-Pro Contact tires off that car and put Michelins on it. Those Conti-pros are garbage!!! Like putting ketchup on a Filet Mignon. Any thoughts?

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2323 View Post
    I question how someone can tell the difference between the v8 and v6 with out having both right there and testing both within the same hour. All you can really do is use accelerometers for this debate.
    Alex on Autos notes a fairly large gap in 0-60 time btwn the 3.3TT and 5.0 G80 - so, likely the same for the G90.

Edmunds long-term test of the G90.

https://www.edmunds.com/genesis/g90/...erm-road-test/

Riley2323 is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

I live in NYC/MD

Members don't see this ad
    Edmunds long-tern comparison with the Lincoln Continental.

https://www.edmunds.com/lincoln/cont...xury-cars.html

When is 30 less than 22? When it's the Lincoln's 30-way power-adjustable front seat versus the Genesis' 22-way power-adjustable front seat. The G90's seat is comfortable and easy: Drop in, adjust the settings for a minute, and drive all day. The Continental makes you fiddle with settings that require looking at the infotainment display to use — and fiddle you will. The ... uh, "unique" set of adjustments means that while it's possible to find a comfortable position, it's also very, very easy to find a very, very uncomfortable position, and dialing in the former takes a lot more time. Even after several hours in the car, we were still making adjustments.

The G90 also offers a superior ride, isolating the cabin from bumps and imperfections without feeling overly floaty or numb.
    The Continental, on the other hand, has a very busy ride in both Comfort and Sport settings because all the work the suspension does over uneven pavement is transmitted into the cabin. The only real difference between the driving modes is that Comfort irons out bigger humps, bumps and dips, but it doesn't change that busy chatter over uneven pavement.
    The Genesis also makes better use of materials and interior design. Many of the buttons have a satin-metal finish where the Continental simply relies on hard plastic. In fact, the shifter's push buttons are a hard plastic, and you have to touch those every time you drive the car. It's a little mind-boggling that even in the most expensive Black Label guise this key touchpoint is left as-is. Meanwhile, soft-touch and premium-feeling surfaces have been cleverly deployed throughout the Genesis to hide plastics, and while fit and finish isn't on par with the big German brands (although we've definitely taken the Continental to task for build-quality issues in the past), the interior of the G90 looks and feels more upscale than the interior of the Continental.

While not a fan of the G90's sheetmetal, their comments re design are pretty ridiculous.

The 2 share a lot in design/shape at the front and side/greenhouse (the rear/taillights shares a lot w/ the Azera) and Edmund's seems to have forgotten that it was the Continental that was called out (by Bentley - albeit, some if it was overblown).

Both are pretty safe and somewhat bland designs, but then again, that's the norm for the flagship segment.
    Last edited by YEH; 08-14-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234