Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G90 Owners Roll Call!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    leggy is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Genesis G90 Owners Roll Call!

Members don't see this ad
    Thanks Riley. I fall within severe driving category because of LA traffic and the oil change sticker the dealer placed on the windshield when they delivered the car calls for 3750 miles oil change. Not sure if they will charge for me that or not.

Riley2323 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut
    Cars in my garage

I think I could probably fall within severe as well. I think the whole changing oil is over rated anyway. Someone just came up with an extra revenue stream idea for the oil companies.

Let us know if yours is free.

But as far as keeping it in warranty it seemed like a grey area. I never felt a 100% comfortable with the answers I got. From what I took away from my calls with Blue Link, the severe does not seem to be covered by the maintenance schedule. I asked if I would violate warranty terms by sticking to the normal schedule and I was assured I would not. So I am doing the 7500 mile schedule. One of the benefits I suppose of climate change in the Northeast, milder winters, at least until they are not.

Take this all with a grain of salt. There were many handoffs and call backs during the questioning, and the dealership was and is in the midst of a move to a new facility. They slapped a new sticker with 6 months or the 3600 miles after my 7500mi change. I threw the sticker away and set my reminder to 13k.

Mr. Wonderful is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Northern Virginia
    Cars in my garage

I took delivery of my G90 5.0 sedan December 31, 2016. It is silver with a black interior and rear wheel drive. It lives in Northern Virginia.

leggy is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Riley, I got my first oil change for free at 3750 miles. Next is 8750 per the sticker. Oil is blended.
    I drove to the dealer and waited there. There was a dedicated service advisor among the remaining two who does genesis beside Hyundai. No other special genesis customer treatment. This is in SoCal

1xbuck is offline Hasn't posted much yet... I live in Carmel, IN
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Riley, I got my first oil change for free at 3750 miles. Next is 8750 per the sticker. Oil is blended.
    I drove to the dealer and waited there. There was a dedicated service advisor among the remaining two who does genesis beside Hyundai. No other special genesis customer treatment. This is in SoCal
    When my car hit 7K miles a message popped up state my car due for service. I was then connected via blue link to Hyundai who then tranferred me to Genesis. I then was able to schedule concierge service at a local Genesis dealership to bring me a car and take mine. I bought my Genesis in Chicago but since I live in Indianapolis it was no problem to go to a local dealer for service. As 3-3.5K mileage for oil changes follow the recommendations from Genesis of every 7.5K.

metalav8b is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Georgia
    Cars in my garage

Just upgraded from my 2012 Genesis R-Spec to the 5.0 G90 Silver with black interior last weekend. Haven't had much time with the G90. Still driving around my old Genny, selling her off this weekend.

wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by metalav8b View Post
    Just upgraded from my 2012 Genesis R-Spec to the 5.0 G90 Silver with black interior last weekend. Haven't had much time with the G90. Still driving around my old Genny, selling her off this weekend.
    Congratulations. You're going to love it.
    In my Genesis garage: 2017 Genesis G90

4SFED4 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Columbus, OH
    Cars in my garage

Dealer informed me the white/beige 5.0 AWD I "ordered" could be here as soon as Wednesday but I am not holding my breath.

4SFED4 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Columbus, OH
    Cars in my garage

White/beige AWD 5.0 sitting in the driveway... can barely believe it!

L8RSK8R is online now Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Equus Signature
    I live in San Diego
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Had a 50K mile Equus get t-boned 2 weeks ago. High probability it will be totaled due to frame rail damage.
    Picked up a 3000 mile G90 yesterday.
    5.0 black paint with beige interior, windows already tinted, with one paint chip on rear passenger door edge.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast