Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: OTD price for G80 with or without pkg
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hoosier Dave is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Indiana/Florida

Default Re: OTD price for G80 with or without pkg

Members don't see this ad
    I guess leasing the G-80 is like leasing any other car and I have leased my last 10 cars (my wife's cars included). I lease because I get bored with cars quickly, can predict my mileage, and don't like to blow my cash flow with a big down payment--and I don't want an obscenely high monthly nut. A lot of people who lease don't realize that they are negotiable just like when you're buying one. I always go in with a top end down payment that I am willing to pay and a monthly payment goal--with a 12K mileage per year allowance. Then if you like the Genesis warranty and service, it is a done deal. So far we really like the car.

Reugoff is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Myrtle Beach SC

2017 G80 - Sticker 57k OTD 54k - NC Dealer

blizer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Virginia
    I live in Virginia

$10,000 DISCOUNT--- Michigan discount is true!

Apparently Genesis is offering Michigan promotion of $10,000 for residents only (ID Michigan drivers license) to compete with the large volume of American car company employee pricing the Detroit area. Still can get some additional discount off MSRP from the dealer. Check out Detroit areas web sites. I spoke with one of them yesterday. I asked about new 2017 G80. I'm out of state and can't figure out how to make it work for me due to cost of transfer and paying state taxes twice.
    If I had a close relative with Michigan ID it would work.
    Also every G80 owner could sell used and buy new for very little cash out at current market prices.

50jae is offline Hasn't posted much yet...

Quote Originally Posted by blizer View Post
    $10,000 DISCOUNT--- Michigan discount is true!

Apparently Genesis is offering Michigan promotion of $10,000 for residents only (ID Michigan drivers license) to compete with the large volume of American car company employee pricing the Detroit area. Still can get some additional discount off MSRP from the dealer. Check out Detroit areas web sites. I spoke with one of them yesterday. I asked about new 2017 G80. I'm out of state and can't figure out how to make it work for me due to cost of transfer and paying state taxes twice.
    If I had a close relative with Michigan ID it would work.
    Also every G80 owner could sell used and buy new for very little cash out at current market prices.
    I was in the market back in January and was interested in getting a used 2015 genesis from Michigan from a dealer. The guy who picked up the phone immediately said after picking up the phone that all G80 models will be sold at 9k below sticker. That would have meant paying about $4k more for a new 2017 G80 base versus the used model (tech package) I was looking at. I was set on flying over for this deal but my heart sank when he confirmed that it's limited to michigan residents only lol. It's crazy how cheap you can buy brand new G80s in Michigan...

r_spec is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

I guess employee pricing doesn't count.
    Last edited by r_spec; 06-09-2017 at 10:21 PM.

phanjo33 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Los Angeles, CA

I haven't seen an update on this thread for a while.

I wonder how others are doing with negotiating with the dealers.
    I'm in LA area, and since 2018 G80 models have hit the market, negotiating with Genesis dealers have been more difficult. Their selling price is just 2k or 2.5k off from MSRP on the base G80.

I can get a better deal with Lexus, BMW and Mercedes on their competitive models.

It might be just supply and demand resulted from Genesis HQ in South Korean not shipping as many as G80s, but it's pretty frustrating as I'd like to get G80 rather than getting what everyone else has.

r_spec is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

I paid 45.3k OTD (43.5k before tax) for a brand new 2018 G80 Sport. (Sevilla Red with Gray/Black two-tone Interior)

leggy is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by r_spec View Post
    I paid 45.3k OTD (43.5k before tax) for a brand new 2018 G80 Sport. (Sevilla Red with Gray/Black two-tone Interior)
    What was the msrp? Did you have any trade-in?

2017Genesis3.8 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Texas

2017 Genesis G80 3.8 patagonia blue premium pkg. (Option 2)
    OTD 42975 39941 price for the car Tax Title and License
    Car was used as the Loaner for other Genesis owners. It was titled NEW to me and had all warranties. Including the 3 years of sirius xm, nav maps etc.

We looked at a local dealer where they told us they didn't deal and sold at MSRP. We then began calling everyone with in 150 miles and got anywhere from 2k to less off. We found a dealer that would in fact sell a brand new 2017 G80 premium pkg. for 41900.
    That was hard to beat. A dealer closer to us then gave us the offer for 39941 and we took it.

damtachoa is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Quote Originally Posted by r_spec
    I paid 45.3k OTD (43.5k before tax) for a brand new 2018 G80 Sport.
    I'm sorry to say bad word but you're a f**king joke. This is almost July 4, not April fool. How the hell did you get that price $45,300 OTD with only $1,800 tax?

Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    What was the msrp? Did you have any trade-in?
    $56,440
    I did trade my old 2015 5.0 in but it did not affect my final purchasing price.

Quote Originally Posted by damtachoa View Post
    I'm sorry to say bad word but you're a f**king joke. This is almost July 4, not April fool. How the hell did you get that price $45,300 OTD with only $1,800 tax?
    It's called "Employee Discount." See two posts above my original post.

Dimitry is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate

It's normal for affiliates and direct employees of Hyundai to have access to privileged pricing.

The privileged plans:
    O was retired this year. This used to be a discretionary program which could have been generated to you by direct employees.
    E is reserved for employees and direct family
    V is for the Volkswagen conquest program
    A is the associates/friends
    Z is for dealerships and extended family members
    K is for korean diplomats and consulate employees

Some general public rebates and promotions do not stack with some of these plans, such as Boostup.

I'm not an employee of Hyundai, you can definitely negotiate good deals on the 18 sports. I got a 18 Sport AWD on a 36 month 12k lease for 555/month, 500 down. 49.9 OTD

damtachoa is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

@Dimitry- that's a great deal $50K OTD.

Skywagon is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

Just took delivery of a 2018 G-80 Sport. Numerous discounts, former military (DD214), uber driver, repeat Hyundai customer. List was 56.8K. They started the price at 54.5K. When I was done I guess it was around 51-52K out the door. Amazing machine. No, I will not Uber this car. Enroll as a driver to get the discount, I think it was $1000.

Members don't see this ad
    I enrolled just to get the discount.

2017 G80 AWD Ultimate (4K miles demo)
    MF: .00051
    Residual: 26351
    Adjusted Cap: 41498
    MSRP: 53120
    36/15k
    $455.37/month

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast