Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 3 year tire recall coming to an end - which tire is best?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    jsmit86 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 3 year tire recall coming to an end - which tire is best?

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by harwax View Post
    I only remember receiving a hyundai tsb notification stating the 3 year window. I don't remember receiving a 2nd notice saying the hancook tire was now a safety recall. If it is now a safety recall then it appears the 3 year original time frame has gone out the window. Just want to make sure that no more 3 year time limit. Feel free to agree/disagree with me.
    You are correct about the 3 year timeframe on the TSB. That happened prior to the recall. Safety recalls don't expire. My only suggestion is that it's prudent not to wait. Getting a few more months out of a tire, vs. the potential of losing control of the car if a sidewall fails. If you click on the link, there is an 800 number you can contact to get more details.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

Cars in my garage

I recommend Discount Tire, if they are close. I recommend the Continental DWS06 or the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. I was debating between the 2 and bought the Michelin.
    2015 5.0 Ultimate, Casablanca White with Black Interior Build Date July 2014
    Options:
    Mud guards, trunk mat, rear bumper applique, wheel locks
    Customization:Automatic turn on of heated/cooled seats, Automatic raising/lowering of rear sunshade

Other Vehicles:
    2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    2005 Lincoln LS V8

harwax is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by jsmit86 View Post
    You are correct about the 3 year timeframe on the TSB. That happened prior to the recall. Safety recalls don't expire. My only suggestion is that it's prudent not to wait. Getting a few more months out of a tire, vs. the potential of losing control of the car if a sidewall fails. If you click on the link, there is an 800 number you can contact to get more details.
    Thanks - but I didn't see a link for the 800 number

ksoze is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by lobsenza View Post
    I recommend Discount Tire, if they are close. I recommend the Continental DWS06 or the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. I was debating between the 2 and bought the Michelin.
    What did you end up having to pay for the Michelins? With no Discount Tire near me, I am at the mercy of my dealer when I make the recall switch. Since the Michelins cost less than the supplied Conti ProContact TX's, I would love to get them. Interestingly, Tire Rack has the front sized TX's listed on close out, so maybe they are done?
    2015 V8 Ultimate - Black/Ivory Interior - Build Date: July 2014

sensazngen is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

[QUOTE=ksoze;233722]What did you end up having to pay for the Michelins? With no Discount Tire near me, I am at the mercy of my dealer when I make the recall switch. Since the Michelins cost less than the supplied Conti ProContact TX's, I would love to get them. Interestingly, Tire Rack has the front sized TX's listed on close out, so maybe they are done?

Typically from what I seen when Tirerack has a close out on a tire some are being discontinued and some are being replaced with a newer design but same tire.

I've got two from TX's with 8/32 if you are interested. PM me if you are.
    Current Rides
    2015 Genesis 5.0
    2015 Honda Accord Coupe HFP

10 ten favorite rides owned
    2015 Honda Crosstour
    2009 BMW 335i Convertible
    2009 Acura TL
    2010 Infiniti G37s Coupe
    2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible
    2009 BMW 128I Convertible
    2007 Lexus IS250 F Sport
    2007 Mercedes C280 4matic
    1986 BMW 325is
    2000 Lexus GS300

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

I am definitely going to Discount when the time comes (probably about August or September). I have purchased 4-5 sets from them and they have performed admirably. It's worth driving a distance for this. Tires this size (low and wide) need to be mounted and balanced correctly. Driving them any significant distance with an improper installation will ruin them.

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
    What did you end up having to pay for the Michelins? With no Discount Tire near me, I am at the mercy of my dealer when I make the recall switch. Since the Michelins cost less than the supplied Conti ProContact TX's, I would love to get them. Interestingly, Tire Rack has the front sized TX's listed on close out, so maybe they are done?
    Basically nothing. I paid a small amount and then got a rebate on the Michelin tires. I ended up $3 ahead after rebate. Discount Tire policy is they will give you credit for the Hancock tires including installation. If you buy a more expensive tire, you pay the difference. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S were slightly more, but the rebate covered the difference!!! If you pick a less expensive tire, you do not get money back (except in this weird rebate situation).

harwax is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by lobsenza View Post
    Basically nothing. I paid a small amount and then got a rebate on the Michelin tires. I ended up $3 ahead after rebate. Discount Tire policy is they will give you credit for the Hancock tires including installation. If you buy a more expensive tire, you pay the difference. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S were slightly more, but the rebate covered the difference!!! If you pick a less expensive tire, you do not get money back (except in this weird rebate situation).
    I live on Long Island, NY and don't have a Discount Tire Store near me. After reading all the recall posts, I would like to replace my original Hancooks with the Conti tire. From what I read the Huyndai dealers will only replace with Michelins. Anyone have any suggestions or know a local Long Island tire dealership that would honor the recall and replace with the Conti?

jsmit86 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL
    Cars in my garage

I live on Long Island, NY and don't have a Discount Tire Store near me. After reading all the recall posts, I would like to replace my original Hancooks with the Conti tire. From what I read the Huyndai dealers will only replace with Michelins. Anyone have any suggestions or know a local Long Island tire dealership that would honor the recall and replace with the Conti?
    I'd think that any dealer who handles both Hankook (for the recall portion), and Conti (for the replacement) should be able to do this. House of Tires is one example.
    http://www.houseoftireslevittown.com/tire-brands.aspx

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks - but I didn't see a link for the 800 number
    It's on this page:
    http://www.hankooktire.com/us/tire-r...=&text=&page=1

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
    Any consumer who believes they are affected by the recall should not wait to receive notification but should contact their local HANKOOK dealer or the HANKOOK Tire Customer Service Team at the following contact numbers.
    HANKOOK Tire Customer Service Team
    800-426-5665 (Toll free)

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Dealers will only do a specific replacement. You have to call your local tire stares and ask each one what their policies are. I always deal with Discount Tire and I am only familiar with their policies. They handled the entire thing, I didn't have to do anything. I even got lifetime rotation, balance, and flat repair as part of the deal.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast