Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: CTS-V vs G80 N or what ever they going to call it
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

Default Re: CTS-V vs G80 N or what ever they going to call it

Members don't see this ad
    Highly doubt that Genesis will do a performance line variant of the G80 until the next generation (the upcoming G70 will likely be the 1st model to get a performance line variant), so would just go for the CTS-V which is one heck of a performance sedan.

Aquineas is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX

Quote Originally Posted by suntzuaow View Post
    Lots of CTS-Vs on Autotrader from mid 70's to low 80's. Most with less than 9,000 miles. Looking at the G80 Sport the looks are there, but the power is not. Biermman has been with Hyundai for 3 years and what do they have to show for it. An I30N, that's not even being released in America, way under power compared to Focus RS and Civic Type R. Stick a TAU V8 into the Sport, add twin turbos, some bodywork, wider tires, tuned suspension, upgrade the transmission and some Recaro seats, trim with more carbon fiber, name it a G80 R-Spec and call it a day. How hard is that? ;-)

http://gearheads.org/super-sema-ark-...genesis-sedan/
    Hmmm my question would be, why are so many dumping their CTS-Vs with so few miles?
    Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar

5 Timer is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Sparks, NV

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquineas View Post
    Hmmm my question would be, why are so many dumping their CTS-Vs with so few miles?
    If you start digging through the Carfax reports on quite a few of them they were corporate or GM exec vehicles. They get driven a few thousand miles and are turned in. Then GM dealers buy them through closed auctions.

And I imagine there are few that were purchased to show off to their golfing buddies. But then the 10mpg in town got old, or being equipped with the 'summer tires only' did not please them at the first snow, or they found themselves loafing down the interstate at 100mph and the engine hasn't even woke up yet and decided to trade it for something a bit more 'sensible'.

And I know of a couple owners that had to have one, but their total debt structure caught up to them.

Unlike the ATS-V, where the resale has dropped big time, the CTS-V is still reasonably strong. I'm still waiting and watching for the right one to show up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12