genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums
Genesis Forum: Best look at the Genesis G70 yet!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Best look at the Genesis G70 yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Hotness in red:

Very Derivative styling - looks like an Infiniti Q50 from the side/front.

Unfortunately, they also borrowed front end design cues/elements from the restyled 2018 Sonata (i.e., grill mesh design, horizontal "slit" DRL/Fog lights and lower shaped chrome strip) - to me, that is a bad move if you want to build separation from cheaper Hyundai cars:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nikgen; 09-15-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    Current: 2016 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: June 15, 2015
    Previous: 2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: May 07, 2014

jailer is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikgen View Post
    Very Derivative styling - looks like an Infiniti Q50 from the side/front. Unfortunately, they also borrowed front end design cues/elements from the restyled 2018 Sonata (grill mesh design and horizontal "slit" DRL/Fog lights) - to me, that is a bad move if you want to build separation from cheaper Hyundai cars:
    Looks more like a compacted version of G80 Sport IMO.

DubbuD is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in St. John's, Newfoundland - Canada

I can see an argument for both, but to fit in with their current styling choice, there's only so many spaces to put different design elements, I think they've done an excellent job. Car looks fantastic both inside and out.
    2015 Genesis 3.8 H-Trac AWD
    Tech Package
    Parisian Grey
    18% Tint All Around

jailer is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Their decision making on launch is a little confusing as they are'nt releasing it until 2018... there is a new 3 series around the corner and the Tesla Model 3 is about to hit BIG TIME IMO. I predict they will have to really cut prices.. even BMW will have to cut prices to compete.

https://electrek.co/2017/09/14/tesla...ales-investor/

Mcc is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

I agree. Great job of integrating it into the Genesis line. Derivative is a popular word but I can't imagine what folks expected it to look like and still be identified as a Genesis.

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida

I definitely like the front end of the G70 more than the Q50. The back is kind of a toss up. I'm not sure yet. The cars do look similar from the sides but a lot of cars do. If it doesn't look similar to one shape, it'll look similar to another...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.

Jaeger is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada

People love to complain about this bit looks like that bit from some other car... whatevs.

My concern is simply whether the design is both cohesive and attractive. And I'd say they have succeeded on both counts. First drive reports are coming in and so far they are very encouraging. I could definitely see this in my driveway a couple years down the road.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234