Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Harbor Hyundai Service in Long Beach, California
    dtevescar is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in california
    Cars in my garage

Default Harbor Hyundai Service in Long Beach, California

Members don't see this ad
    Scott Jones....a service rep at Harbor Hyundai...helped address warrantee items when I bought the car, new, in 2011. He made me feel good about my purchase. Now, 5 years later, he is not helpful, in fact, he is obstructing my attempts to have peeling paint on all the exterior plastic addressed by Hyundai Corporate. I also had problems getting the car to pass its first required smog test....and he again, was no help....in fact, he told Hyundai Corporate that he would not assist me because I did not regularly come into his dealership for service....and he is correct...I do my own oil and filter changes, cabin filter changes, tires, brakes and anything else that I am capable of performing. He wanted to charge me $120.00 to have one of his mechanics drive my car around to get the EGR/VVT monitor to reset....I should pay to have them attempt a "drive cycle" to get the onboard computer system to reset???!!. It is the cars computer that says, "EGR?VVT not ready". Not ready after 65,000 miles of driving?? Well, guess what, I was able to get it to reset by completing a KIA drive cycle that was listed in this forum....thank goodness!!! SO!!! My opinion of the Genesis, after 6 years of ownership? DO NOT PURCHASE THIS KOREAN VEHICLE.....they tout the 100,000 mile warrantee but, as usual, there are many many loopholes that allow them to deny coverage to you. The Genesis brand reliability ratings in Consumer Reports are just "average" now. In contrast, Toyota Avalon are "much better than average"............ Comparable cars.....which one would you choose????

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Harbor Hyundai Service in Long Beach, California

x
    Last edited by dougmcp; 03-01-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    In my Genesis garage: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by dtevescar View Post
    ...he is obstructing my attempts to have peeling paint on all the exterior plastic addressed by Hyundai Corporate.
    The warranty on paint is one year. You can contact HMA (Hyundai Motor America) directly without going through the dealership. Just because you don't want to contact them and open a problem, does not mean your dealer is obstructing you. If you want to visit them, the HMA headquarters‎ is in ‎Fountain Valley, California.

...they tout the 100,000 mile warrantee but, as usual, there are many many loopholes that allow them to deny coverage to you.
    The 100K mile - 10 year warranty is clearly documented as the powertrain only. The problem with the "drive cycle" mostly affects only California emission inspections, and the need to do the drive cycle (after battery disconnected) is not a defect, just a pain in the butt.

I live in california
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
    x
    battery never disconnected. Or discharged....ever!! Obd2 seems to be the problem, and not just in hyundai brand vehicles....so, korean paint is only expected to last one year??? This must be the "new normal" we are expected to accept. Guess i am just "old fashioned"!!

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

battery never disconnected. Or discharged....ever!! Obd2 seems to be the problem, and not just in hyundai brand vehicles....so, korean paint is only expected to last one year??? This must be the "new normal" we are expected to accept. Guess i am just "old fashioned"!!
    I am just telling you what the warranty terms are. I think the state of California is the problem.

Like I said, although there have been a few complaints about chipped paint on the front of vehicles (due to road debris), I don't recall anyone else on this forum with your particular paint problem.

I live in california
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    The paint warrantee is 3 years....the service manager is aware of problems with the white vehicles from hyundai. My paint is beautiful on the metal, but is falling off and blistering on the plastic surfaces. I think it is an issue with the plastic expansion due to heating and cooling, whereas the paint does not flex enough, it just flakes off. Hyundai Corporate has the "ball" now, I will update if I receive an answer from them.... This is their chance to encourage "BRAND LOYALTY".....we will see if that is any concern for them....