Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G80 3.3T Sport
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G80 3.3T Sport

Smedley is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: IL
    I live in IL

Default G80 3.3T Sport

Members don't see this ad
    Anything more exact than "spring of 2017" for it's availability? Or particulars? Colors? Interiors? Same dimensions as a G80?

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: G80 3.3T Sport

Check out this link.
    http://www.genesisnewsusa.com/us/en/...rmance-styling

I am not sure if the Spring debut is still on track. May be early summer, but not sure.

G530 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Not sure what the difference is between G80 and G90 for 3.3 turbo but I saw a 3.3 turbo G90 for sale at the Hyundai dealer priced at a cool 69K last month.

Quote Originally Posted by G530 View Post
    Not sure what the difference is between G80 and G90 for 3.3 turbo but I saw a 3.3 turbo G90 for sale at the Hyundai dealer priced at a cool 69K last month.
    The G80 is a G80 (formerly known as Hyundai Genesis sedan) and the G90 is a G90 (formerly known as Hyundai Equus). They do share some engines and transmissions, such as the 5.0 V8 and 3.3 TT (G80 Sport only). The regular G80 also has 3.8 V6 option.

frankmcr is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 AWD Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Texas

Two special colors Polar Ice and Sevilla Red. Casablanca White, Caspian Black and Himalayan Gray. Black or Gray leather, black microfiber suede headliner and carbon fiber interior trim. 360 degree cameras, No fog lights, and 19 inch wheels(P245/40R19 (Fr) P275/35R19(Rr)). Android auto and Apple carplay. Local dealer has 5 3.3t's on order but no deliver date
    Last edited by frankmcr; 03-23-2017 at 12:01 AM.

akeelj is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2018 G80 Sport
    I live in Los Angeles Area

I was told by my local dealership's GM and a PR rep from Genesis HQ (Fountain Valley, CA) that the 3.3T will be a late spring release. The PR rep told me they had a half dozen on site for what I can only imagine was another media event.
    My question is this..two or three months from release, shouldn't the auto sites have done a review already?

Quote Originally Posted by akeelj View Post
    My question is this..two or three months from release, shouldn't the auto sites have done a review already?
    Most of the auto review sites on YouTube or elsewhere get their cars from local dealers. Even though some of them are good reviewers, they are unpaid except any advertising they can get for webpage hits.

Regarding the major auto reviewers (Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Cars.com, MotorWeek, etc), they usually invite them all to a central location to test the cars. I don't know what the normal lead time is before launch, but I am not sure why Genesis Motors would want reviews published for cars too far in advance of the dealer availability date.

vbloggers aside most get their cars 3-8 months out. If a car has a spring release, they normal send one for review and/or comparo months in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by akeelj View Post
    vbloggers aside most get their cars 3-8 months out. If a car has a spring release, they normal send one for review and/or comparo months in advance.
    Are you talking about Hyundai vehicles assembled in Korea, or automakers in general?

Members don't see this ad
    Automakers in general. Especially new highly anticipated models from a company's fledgling luxury brand. The Automags and sites had the G90 for review 6+ months before it hit the showroom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast