Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Driver's seat not high enough
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RonG80 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Long Island, NY

Default Driver's seat not high enough

Members don't see this ad
    I just got my 2017 G80 with the Premium Package and I just can't get the power driver's seat to go high enough to be totally comfortable. My last car was a 2014 Genesis Sedan, Base package and the power seat was perfect height wise.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Anyone know of anything that can be done to get another maybe inch of height out of the power seat?

silberma is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL

Default Re: Driver's seat not high enough

Quote Originally Posted by RonG80 View Post
    I just got my 2017 G80 with the Premium Package and I just can't get the power driver's seat to go high enough to be totally comfortable. My last car was a 2014 Genesis Sedan, Base package and the power seat was perfect height wise.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Anyone know of anything that can be done to get another maybe inch of height out of the power seat?
    I had a similar issue with another car. The solution was to remove the 4 bolts holding the seat to the floor and install longer bolts with many washers to raise the seat.

homeofstone is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Athens, Georgia, USA

Quote Originally Posted by silberma View Post
    I had a similar issue with another car. The solution was to remove the 4 bolts holding the seat to the floor and install longer bolts with many washers to raise the seat.
    This can be done unless the bolts are integrated into the car's floor pan and only give enough threads for the nut to tighten.
    Current vehicles:
    2011 4.6 with tech, Athens, GA owner
    2011 Mercedes E63 AMG
    2005 Mercedes E500 w/sport pkg.
    2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289cid V8 restored

celltech is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Dallas, TX

Just curious...how tall are you? My '15 5.0 seat feels like it can get waaay up high...

I'm 5'9", but I have long legs and a shorter torso I guess. My last Genesis didn't have the Moonroof so I'm thinking that may be why the seat went higher. It's not horrible but I do like to be a bit higher. Oh well.
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply. I do believe messing with the drivers seat bolts can become a safety issue and probably not a great idea.

Rey is offline Registered Member What I drive: '14 Equus Signature
    I live in Salem, OR

"Messing" with seat bolts is not a safety issue. Bolts have rated strengths, usually with some sort of markings. I have raised the passenger seat on four Genesis, and did not note any strength ratings on any factory bolts. I used fairly common mid-range strength fasteners obtainable at any NAPA store.
    The real test is how they hold in a collision. I can report a total loss collision in a sudden blizzard whiteout in North Dakota when I hit the right front of my '09 Genesis in the back of a stopped truck at about 40 mph. Impact tore off my front suspension, crumpled right side and roof. Windshield popped and airbags blew. My wife (105lb) in a raised passenger seat suffered no injuries whatsoever; and the seat remained completely fastened.

jstrickphoto is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in MN

Glad it's not just me! I have a 2017 G80 Ultimate 3.8 AWD and am coming from a 2014 R-Spec and I'm fine with the height of the seat, I just wish the front could come up higher but the back sit a bit lower. That is how I've always enjoyed driving and right now, instead of a slight backward lean, I feel like I am leaning forward. I've tried to lower the seat and change it's profile but this didn't work either.
    His: 2017 Caspian Black / light grey G80 3.8 Ultimate
    Previous Genesis:
    2014 Santiago Silver R-Spec
    2011 Midnight Black 4.6 Tech
    Hers: 2014 Circuit Silver Sante Fe AWD Limited w/Ultimate Package

MikeyTG is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G80 V6
    I live in Joisey

The seat can do what you ask, the bar for raise/lower also tilts to raise/lower front and back of bottom cushion separately.

I'm not sure what you're experiencing because the seat articulates in every way imaginable. Like MikeyTG said, the power adjustment reclines the seat back independently of the seat itself. I just found that the seat doesn't raise quite high enough like my 2014 Genesis Sedan did. I'm not sure if you had a power seat in your R Spec but try and adjust the power seat it's limits in every direction and then bring it back to your comfort position.

jstrickphoto is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in MN

Members don't see this ad
    I'm not sure what you're experiencing because the seat articulates in every way imaginable. Like MikeyTG said, the power adjustment reclines the seat back independently of the seat itself. I just found that the seat doesn't raise quite high enough like my 2014 Genesis Sedan did. I'm not sure if you had a power seat in your R Spec but try and adjust the power seat it's limits in every direction and then bring it back to your comfort position.
    The R-Spec had power seats and they seemed to have a bit more range of motion. I'll experiment a bit more later on, but from everything I've tried, I can't get the seat into my "ideal" setting. Don't get me wrong, I'm plenty comfortable, just wish I could get either the front to come up a bit more or the rear to go down a bit more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast