Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: New owner and new forum member
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana
    Cars in my garage

Default New owner and new forum member

Members don't see this ad
    I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I've never owned a Hyundai before, but being a "car" guy all my life, I've watched as they've grown into a well respected car company. I figure this quality will transition to the Genesis brand as well. I normally like to wait a couple years before jumping on any new bandwagon, but I feel Hyundai's reputation will transition to the new brand. Therefor, buying into this new brand does not feel risky.

When the new Lincoln Continental came out,I thought it was a cool car and it got me to thinking that I would like to have one premium luxury car ​​​​​​​​before I died. I'm not getting soft in my old age as I still enjoy my Vette and three Jeeps. I just wanted a cruiser for road trips and when my wife and I go out someplace really nice.

I looked at the Lincoln at the auto show and really liked it, but I figured if I was going to spend that kind of money, I ought to investigate everything out there. After rather exhausting research (Lincoln, Jaguar, Volvo, Mercedes, Lexus, Infinity, and BMW), I settled on the Genesis G90. I bought a Genesis G90 AWD 5.0 Ultimate. And I'm really glad I did. I've only had it for 3 days, but I keep looking for any excuse to drive it. The suspension is amazingly well sorted, and that big V8 pulls like a freight train.

I enjoy the quiet, smooth ride and the luxury of the interior. The controls are well laid out and I've already mastered most of them. Still working on the voice controls though. The gas mileage has been a pleasant surprise also. I got 26 mpg on my way home (45 miles) from the dealer. Did 70 to 75 all the way.

My dealer experience was positive. They only had one V8 car in their inventory, but as luck would have it, it was exactly what I was looking for. Patagonia Blue with the beige interior. Got almost $11000.00 off with incentives which was what finally sealed the deal.

I'm looking forward to a long happy relationship with this car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In my Genesis garage: 2017 Genesis G90

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: New owner and new forum member

Welcome to the forum. You got a great car at a great price.

mtmtmt is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: G90, Ultimate 5.0, Casablanca White, AWD
    I live in Northeast PA
    Cars in my garage

Welcome - I'm glad you like your G90 so much. I got the same car, but it''s white with a black int. I can't say enough positive things about my purchase.

My story is quite similar to yours. I also looked seriously at the Lincoln Continental, and evaluated all the competitors. I own a 2016 Lincoln MKX, so making the leap to a Continental seemed certain. But after seeing the G90 I didn't look back.

I have had many Hyundai's over the years and they were great, dependable cars. I expect the same quality with my G90 and I doubt I'll be disappointed.

tuckerdog1 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2015 2G 5.0
    I live in TEXAS
    Cars in my garage

Great looking car. Thanks for posting the pics.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Cars in my garage

I am in the market for a G90 Ultimate. Can you please provide the breakdown of the $11,000 in incentives?

NextCarG90 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

Beautiful automobile. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Ganz View Post
    I am in the market for a G90 Ultimate. Can you please provide the breakdown of the $11,000 in incentives?
    It was all lumped together and was actually $10750.00. I was told it was only available on a 3 year lease and an Ultimate all wheel drive vehicle. All other incentives were way lower. Around $1500.00 to $2500.00. The dealer didn't know how long the incentives would be available. He told me Hyundai wanted to get these cars out to promote the Genesis brand. What's odd about this is I got the only Ultimate all wheel drive in the Cincinnati area. You would think the dealers would have a good stock of ultimates if Hyundai was wanting to promote them. There are plenty of the Premiums available here.

I never drove a Premium as I knew I wanted an Ultimate, but I can HIGHLY recommend this car. I keep looking for excuses to go drive it. I even went to the grocery store (something I hate to do) for my wife just to get to drive it.
    In my Genesis garage: 2017 Genesis G90

leggy is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

I leased mine as well in February and got at least $9250 lease special and $1500 loyalty discount and I think some dealers were saying there is another $1500 if you own a competitive brand car.
    If I recall correctly, I think I got total $12k discount in a way or another.
    Not sure for how long those discounts are going but you gotta check with several dealers and ask them about those discounts

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    If you guys don't mind sharing monthly lease payments and residual. Seems that the better option is lease to buy rather than just buy.
    Not much discount being offered to just purchase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast