Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: FOB Issues??

Thread: FOB Issues??

whatupj is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default FOB Issues??

Members don't see this ad
    Help please. 2012 3.8 Tech Package. Something funky has been happening with my FOB:

Double clicking the unlock button on the FOB blinks the marker lights, unlocks the doors, opens the side mirrors and makes a double beeping sound but it no longer turns the headlights on for the 10 seconds that it normally would (yes, the lights are in the auto position inside the car - as always).

Also, doing the same with lock button only locks the doors and folds the side mirrors in. It no longer beeps nor does it make the marker lights blink. I've also noticed that when the fob is near the locked car at night, the puddle lights no longer illuminate.

Thoughts?????

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: FOB Issues??

Members don't see this ad
    Try the other FOB to ensure that the problem is with the car. If so, take it to the dealer. If it's the car, it's probably a CANBUS controller and more vital or safety oriented stuff may also be failing to work properly (for example, the turn signal flashing the lights on the mirrors, etc.).