Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Don't Do This with Your G90 in the Snow!
    Riley2323 is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

Default Don't Do This with Your G90 in the Snow!

Members don't see this ad
    I don't know if I knew my car's underside looked like this if I would have attempted the smash through the snow routine out of my driveway after Stella.

I thought I'd remind folks that the G90's underside is not your typical underside....it is a luxury underside. There is plenty of protective coatings and sound proofing. My little stunt with the snow at the end of the driveway ripped off the oil change cover. It was in reverse for the record! Shovel first. Make sure you have the biz card of a snow plow guy or a snow blower. I finally broke down and got a plow for my John Deere tractor. Live and learn.

What it is supposed to look like from one of the posted reviews:

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

What was ripped off the underside:

IMG_0989.jpg

wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana

Default Re: Don't Do This with Your G90 in the Snow!

Sorry to hear this, but thanks for the heads-up.

I haven't had that problem this year in the Cincinnati area. Second warmest winter on record and our deepest snowfall was a whole 2".

mtmtmt is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: G90, Ultimate 5.0, Casablanca White, AWD
    I live in Northeast PA

We just got 22" in the latest storm and I have the same habit of driving through the pile of snow at the end of the driveway. It never fails that the snowplow comes by when I'm done shoveling and fills up the end.

The car has a low clearance and I often hit snow in the road with the underside. I never thought I could damage the car, but I ought to check it out.

Riley2323 is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

MT that is exactly what this was. I shoveled two tracks to the road figuring I'd flag down one of the neighbor's plow services. Never happened and the municipal plow had gone by several times since shoveling. It was a badly timed storm for flagging down the neighbors plow services. They did not come out until very late or super early.

I guess I must point out that I can not be 100% certain that the piece in the picture is mine. I never got on the garage floor and inspected. The piece was at the end of my driveway when I got home from work. So it is not out of the realm of possibility that someone else could have pulled into my driveway's mess and tore off their own....Highly unlikely, hence the post

I will update when I get my oil changed at the mileage mark, which is quickly approaching. I will tell them to order new parts. I don't want road noise to start creeping in or I suppose gas mileage to start decrementing .1 miles per tank and costing me 33 cents every time I fill up.

chris41 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland

Another G80 member said the bolts holding on the plastic underbelly shields had corroded to the point where he couldn't remove them, and had to drill them out. I replaced them with stainless steel bolts dipped in grease.

I live in Connecticut

Finally got the oil changed and got a quote for replacing the part. It was going to be $283 plus $64 for labor from the servicing dealership.

My friend Google found it for $219 all in...taxes and shipping. 29110-D2000 Panel Assembly Under Cover Front.

I will attempt the install myself. Will have to buy some car ramps on Amazon most likely too....another $50.

I don't know why I just don't go with the dealer. Garage is starting to look like Sanford and Son with all the tools and tractor attachments now. Just bought a plow for the JD tractor to avoid getting plowed in next year, which caused this whole issue.

wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana

Members don't see this ad
    Your problem isn't too many tools, it's too small of a garage. You can never have too many tools.