Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Not so fast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not so fast

easygoer13 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Cali

Default Re: Not so fast

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by MrG_NY View Post
    I have the premium and was originally going to go for the ultimate. After thinking about it I went for the premium. My car was in for service and I got a loaner ultimate with 60 miles on it. I had the car for 4 days and would take the premium in a hear beat. The upgraded package is not worth 5k. The stitching on the seats is nicer in the upgrade and the hud. The power trunk take or leave it. The stereo not a big difference, a little cleaner. My car and the loaner same color difference was interior. I actually liked the trim in mine better except for the stitching.
    I went with the Ultimate ...I am sure I would have been happy with either. In the end I just did not want to question myself down the road which is something I would have done. I leased mine so difference for me was 1800.00 over 3 years. In the end it made sense for me, not sure if it is worth it but I very much like the car.

kavisic is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in San Angelo, West Texas

Quote Originally Posted by onailrof View Post
    I find the seats much more comfortable with the Ultimate package. I'm not tall and I could really tell the difference between the two seats. I also drive - a lot. My G80 is 6 months old and I have 10,000 miles on it.

I happen to like having a sunroof, so that was a plus for me too.

I also love the HUD. This is my first time with this type of technology and it's great, especially at night.

As for the rest, no real need, although people can't believe it's real wood on the dash/doors.
    Since you do have the pano roof, I wondered if you are having any of the squeak and rattle problems that owners of the original 2015 Hyundai Genesis' have had??

onailrof is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 Genesis G80 V6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by kavisic View Post
    Since you do have the pano roof, I wondered if you are having any of the squeak and rattle problems that owners of the original 2015 Hyundai Genesis' have had??
    Nope, no rattles, squeaks or other issues with my sunroof. We see all 4 seasons here in the Midwest, but my car lives in the garage most nights, which may help.

sstatner is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Coconut Creek, FL

I went with the Premium instead of Ultimate for 2 reasons
    1. Price
    2. No Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in the Ultimate.

Hotboi is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Looking for 2015-2017 Genesis
    I live in GA

Have they made any updates to weather 2015-2016 Ultimate models now have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto yet?!

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboi View Post
    Have they made any updates to weather 2015-2016 Ultimate models now have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto yet?!
    Word from Hyundai is that there will be no update for the Ultimate model to have either Apple Car Play or Android Auto support. The top of the line model is stuck with older technology.

The reason is that the Ultimate multimedia system is based on a different (older) processor and cannot be upgraded to run ACP or AA, according to Hyundai and Harman (the company supplying the audio/multimedia system). There's an extensive thread somewhere on the 2015-2016 forum about that topic.
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12