Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Talk about exclusivity
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana

Default Talk about exclusivity

Members don't see this ad
    Maybe it's just the Cincinnati tri-state area, but I have yet to see another G90 on the road. That makes it more exclusive than the S class or 7 series. Heck, I've seen more Tesla's than G90's.

The same holds true for the G80. I saw my first one on the road today. I suspect as the word get's out there will be more on the road but right now, it's pretty slim pickins.

It's kind of fun to be an early adopter. I get a lot of second looks, and a fair amount of questions about the car.

How about the rest of you in other regions?

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida

Default Re: Talk about exclusivity

I'm in South Florida and I've only seen one or two so far. I'm starting to see more G80s but the G90 is pretty rare around here...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.

Riley2323 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

I have seen one G90 in PA Phili Metro area. I live in NYC/CT area. Seen a few G80s. There is exclusivity for certain with the G90.

I feel like I have a leg up on everyone with this car. The word will get out.

It reminds me of seeing yourself on TV. The car looks completely different when you see someone else driving it, or get to see it in the rear view or from a nice angle.

Got to see the Hyundai Valet driving mine today after service in my place of work's parking lot.

tuckerdog1 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2015 2G 5.0
    I live in TEXAS

2015/2016 Genesis & 2017 G80s, are around. Some days I see none. Some days, I'll spot three. The G90s however, I've seen zip around here ( Georgetown, TX ). Looking forward to finding one in a parking lot, so I can give it a good look.

Tuckerdog1

leggy is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal

Just saw one G90 so far like few weeks ago. May have seen another one a while ago but that's about it. See G80s 2-3 times a week. This is in Los Angeles

BrazGenesis is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Motors View Post
    I'm in South Florida and I've only seen one or two so far. I'm starting to see more G80s but the G90 is pretty rare around here...
    Weston, (South Florida) too.
    In fact G2 + G80 very present. I don't recall a single G90 ;

mtmtmt is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: G90, Ultimate 5.0, Casablanca White, AWD
    I live in Northeast PA

I'm always looking, but I have never seen another G90 In NE PA or on NJ highways that I travel quite a bit.

I have seen a few G80's though.

Wfarms is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in NJ

Look for me! One of the first G90's in NW NJ. Black w/ beige.

Doktormoo is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Grand Rapids, MI

My dealer said that they are only making about 400/month for the US market and most of those are V6. So, a 2017 V-8 AWD G90 should be a very rare car. And if you were looking at a particular color combination, even more exclusive. I would think that they will make more for 2018 as they appear to have sold out the production. That said, I do not think they want to crank them out in droves just yet. Their approach to the US market seems ver well thought out with the exception of logo wear, accessories, and the like. These are minor quibbles.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktormoo View Post
    My dealer said that they are only making about 400/month for the US market and most of those are V6. So, a 2017 V-8 AWD G90 should be a very rare car. And if you were looking at a particular color combination, even more exclusive. I would think that they will make more for 2018 as they appear to have sold out the production. That said, I do not think they want to crank them out in droves just yet. Their approach to the US market seems ver well thought out with the exception of logo wear, accessories, and the like. These are minor quibbles.
    Back in the Hyundai Equus years (2011-2016), the had a lot of unsold inventory in the USA, so they are probably being cautious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast