Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Talk about exclusivity
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Advocate225 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Philadelphia

Default Re: Talk about exclusivity

Members don't see this ad
    I reside in the far NE of Philadelphia County, and even though the Hyundai / Genesis dealership is only minutes from my home I've never seen a single G90 other than one kept in the dealer's lot. Nor have I spotted a G90 on the road anywhere in the metropolitan area. I should also state that I've never seen so much as a single Lincoln Continental or Kia K-900. If I had a nickle for every Mercedes S Class I see I'd be a very wealthy man.
    2009 Genesis 3.8 Premium Black/Black
    2017 Tucson AWD Ultimate White/Saddle

turnne is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Back in the Hyundai Equus years (2011-2016), the had a lot of unsold inventory in the USA, so they are probably being cautious.
    They are tracking about the same same sales as the Hyundai Equus, with the G90
    I say that with the caveat that the Equus didnt have an AWD drive option which the G90 does
    So..one would think that the audience would be much larger...but its not turning into sales

However,,,they only sold 316 of them in April in the United States and the lease residual is 43%....the same as it was on the Equus
    That being said..its probably a good ides to limit the leases since they dont want a huge influx of lease returns to drive the value of the 3 year old cars down further

As I said months ago

I dont expect the G90 to really sell in any real numbers over the Equus and I expect it will have the about the same resale value after 3 years
    The latter has already been pretty much put in place by Hyundai's contracted lease residuals of 43% after 36 months on a low mileage car

Best idea is to lease this car or buy it after three years old!!

The other thing is that the new Lexus LS is coming out later this year...
    I wonder what impact that will have on the G90 sales

I think one can expect the same from the G80 as the older Hyundai Genesis
    There was always unsold inventory of that car available as well..and large discounts from sticker
    My dealer has a new 2013 Genesis on their lot in 2015!!...and a new 2014 Equus on their lot in 2016

Check on Mercedes and BMW lots and see how many two year old new cars are sitting there.....

Warren

4SFED4 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Columbus, OH

If they want to limit leases why are they giving a $9250 lease incentive yet NO buy incentive? Seems to me they ONLY want them leased so in 3 years there will be a lot of nice used ones.

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Back in the Hyundai Equus years (2011-2016), the had a lot of unsold inventory in the USA, so they are probably being cautious.
    Probably some of that as well as still working on the back-orders for the G90 in Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by turnne View Post
    They are tracking about the same same sales as the Hyundai Equus, with the G90
    I say that with the caveat that the Equus didnt have an AWD drive option which the G90 does
    So..one would think that the audience would be much larger...but its not turning into sales.
    Have to take into account that flagship sedan sales are down significantly, that the G90 is priced a bit higher than the Equus and Hyundai has limited supply of the G90 to the US thus far for various reasons.

turnne is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Signature

Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post

Have to take into account that flagship sedan sales are down significantly, that the G90 is priced a bit higher than the Equus and Hyundai has limited supply of the G90 to the US thus far for various reasons.
    what do you mean flagship sales are down?
    Mercedes is selling 4000 E classes a month....a car in the same price range as the G90
    Several of the sedans in this same price are up year over year
    As for the increase in price over the Equus...its really not that much
    Added to that is the availability of an AWD drive model which should have opened up the possibility of ownership to a lot more buyers

Then there are those very high lease incentives along with a 43% residual after 36 months

As I said before...I dont think this car is going to sell well and they will offer some major incentives even to keep up the sales numbers they have now

I think when the new Lexus rolls out...if the price is within 10K of the G90....I think we will see a downturn in current G90 sales as well as even higher discounting

As I have said many times now
    The G90 is going to be a very good buy on a 3 year old car

I for one dont think they are going to even hold the 43% lease residual the market is placing on them

But..I am good with that
    Just like buying a 3 year old Equus was a good deal..the G90 should be as well..:-)

Warren

Riley2323 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

Has anyone seen a commercial yet? They do have that going for them. I have not seen one, but if you land the right spokesperson does that change these numbers? I am thinking someone like a Jon Hamm or maybe a famous golfer or tennis star, and get it into a couple high profile movies. Then again they could go in a completely different direction with the advertising campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

And I still smile and feel like I know something everyone else doesn't know every time I pay the bill.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2323 View Post
    Has anyone seen a commercial yet? They do have that going for them. I have not seen one, but if you land the right spokesperson does that change these numbers? I am thinking someone like a Jon Hamm or maybe a famous golfer or tennis star, and get it into a couple high profile movies. Then again they could go in a completely different direction with the advertising campaign.
    I have seen TV commercials for the G90, especially during the Genesis LA Open Golf Tournament earlier this year.

Riley2323 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

That is right. I was planning on watching it until Tiger pulled the plug. I never did see any commercials.

I assume it was this one:

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2323 View Post
    I assume it was this one
    I don't recall exactly, but since Genesis was the title sponsor of the tournament, and they only have two models, they probably showed more than one G90 commercial during the weekend broadcasts.

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

Members don't see this ad
    what do you mean flagship sales are down?
    Mercedes is selling 4000 E classes a month....a car in the same price range as the G90
    Um, since when is the E Class in the flagship segment?

For MB, that would be the S Class.

The S Class is the only flagship sedan selling above 1k/month and sales are down 6.5% YTD.

The 7 Series and CT6 have been selling under a 1k/month and the LS, A8 and XJ have been selling around 300/month.

Altogether, the segment is significantly down from its heyday.

Several of the sedans in this same price are up year over year
    Again, not in the flagship segment.

As for the increase in price over the Equus...its really not that much
    Do you get any of your facts correct?

The starting price of the '16MY Equus is $61.5k.

The starting price of the '17MY G90 is $68.1k.

A $6.6k increase is hardly not that much. (That's more than 10% of the starting price of the Equus.)

Added to that is the availability of an AWD drive model which should have opened up the possibility of ownership to a lot more buyers
    Not as much as one would think (as more and more buyers have switched to luxury crossovers or SUVs) and right now, Hyundai has kept a pretty tight lid on the supply of the G90.

As I said before...I dont think this car is going to sell well and they will offer some major incentives even to keep up the sales numbers they have now
    And as I stated prior, nothing but in the flagship segment but the S Class sells well.

I think when the new Lexus rolls out...if the price is within 10K of the G90....I think we will see a downturn in current G90 sales as well as even higher discounting
    Maybe will have some impact on G90 sales, but think the replacement to the K900 will have a greater impact (the current GS didn't have too much of an impact on Genesis/G80 sales and in fact, it was the 4G GS that never repeated same yearly sales nos. as its predecessor).

As for the new LS, aside from the 1st few of months of sales to meet initial demand, sales of the LS will probably fall into the same range as for the 7 Series and CT6 - around 1k/month, which is a far outcry from the 30-35k in annual sales the LS did in its heyday.

Btw, thought you stated that the G90 and LS don't compete with each other?

As I have said many times now
    The G90 is going to be a very good buy on a 3 year old car
    One could say the same thing for the S Class.

Think Hyundai will be happy if they can keep the G90 to around 450-500 monthly sales until it starts to age.

Really needed more striking sheetmetal to have made a greater impact (think the upcoming G70 will have a greater impact within its segment), but that won't come until the next generation.

Supposedly, the replacement to the K900 (will get a new moniker) will have pretty striking sheetmetal.
    Last edited by YEH; 05-09-2017 at 05:12 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast