Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: New Member
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Doktormoo is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Grand Rapids, MI

Default New Member

Members don't see this ad
    Hello, I have been reading a lot about the G90 and today, we made the trip to Holland, MI to test drive a G90 V6 AWD. Our last five cars have been Infinitis (M35, FX50, and two QX 56s) and a Jaguar (XKR convertible). We were seriously impressed and ordered a G90 V8 AWD. Great test drive and we were astounded with all of the features and services included at a very solid price. There seems to be a lot to learn about this car. We should take delivery next week. Looking forward to learning more via this site and the experience of other owners.

Anyone know if Genesis sells hats, polos, key chains and the like?

Thanks!

wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana

Default Re: New Member

Congratulations on your new Genesis and welcome to the forum. Trust me, you're going to love it.

I'm not aware of any Genesis branded merchandise, but would also be interested in something tasteful and upmarket like the car. I'm not a snob though. I have a whole closet of Jeep and Corvette t-shirts and hats. I just don't think that style of apparel would fit with the G90.

Thanks much. I believe you are 100% correct on liking the car. We loved the test drive.

I have some very tasteful Jag March and Mercedes and BMW make some nice polos, too. Obviously, Genesis gets to make the final decision on all merchandise.

One question I should have asked earlier. On the "B" pillar, my daughter noticed a silver knob facing the rear seat on each side. We did not know what it is, but I thought it might be a hat holder. Any idea what it is?

I live in S.E. Indiana

You're close. It's actually a place to hang your sport coat so it doesn't get wrinkled.

That makes sense. Thanks!

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your G90!

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.

Well, I am sorry to report that the dealer in Holland, MI has been unsuccessful (so far) in locating a Black with beige interior AWD Ultimate. Apparently, there is one in the Detroit area, but they have, so far, been unsuccessful in pulling it west. They are expanding their search. I have to say, that as a soon to be new owner, this is frustrating. I know, first world problems. Sounds like demand for the V8 AWD is exceeding supply. That sure seems to be a great problem for Genesis!

I live in S.E. Indiana

I think it's more a supply issue as opposed to a demand issue. When I got mine a month ago, it was the only one in the Cincinnati area. All the others were the premium. To date, there have only been 2 other Ultimates shown in dealer inventory. And, if you follow the online tests, very few are for the Ultimate. I believe Genesis is really pushing the new V6 twin turbo.

From the reviews, it sounds like the V6 is a really nice engine, but for an old hot rodder like myself, I'll always pick the V8.

heisenberg_2000 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: CA
    I live in Simi Valley, California

Hello I am new. I just signed up.

The reason was Doktormoo's posting from 4:10 PM yesterday.
    I have the an identical G90 (same color choice, etc) on order here in California. And I am waiting already for 2 months. Not even the concierge service can tell you when a car like this will become available.

Will wait, even if it takes 6 months, the benefit then will be to get a 2018.

Gernot

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention, that I was told that only about 7% (plus, minus 1% ) of all cars are currently built as Htrac.
    And out of those most of them are 3.3's.
    So, we might get ready to wait for quit a while.

Gernot

Riley2323 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

Members don't see this ad
    I just used the inventory selector and drove to the dealership that had it. I did not feel like waiting around for the bait and switch stories from the local dealership. My purchase dealership is about 100 miles away. I am in the Northeast, but was ready to go wherever for the Ultimate after I started reading the reviews.

Called an made an appointment. The best part was the long drive home in the new car. It was worth it.....the old break-in period kind of took a back seat though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast