Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Joining the club
    forzza1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Toronto, Canada

Default Joining the club

Members don't see this ad
    Hello
    I will be taking the ownership of my new G90 on Tuesday next week. Needless to say I am very excited. I am very impressed with the amount of quality Genesis put into this car. I think they nailed down to the point where the gap between the 3 Big German Boys and Koreans became dangerously small....
    I preferred the smaller engine because in day to day driving both engines feel the same. It seems that 5.0 is only marginally faster than 3.3T and only at high end speeds.
    Smoothness and quietness is exactly the same for both engines.
    2017 Genesis G90 3.3T HTRAC
    Casablanca White on Brown Nappa Leather
    2015 Genesis 5.0 HTrac - sold
    2013 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec - sold
    2012 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec - sold
    2009 BMW 750i - sold
    2008 BMW 750i - sold
    2006 BMW 750i - sold
    2004 BMW 745i - Sold
    ....and many others

tuckerdog1 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2015 2G 5.0
    I live in TEXAS

Default Re: Joining the club

Looking at your join date & post count, you've been here awhile & must have traded a gen 1. Congratulations on your new G90. Really quite the car. I was at the local dealer a couple days ago for routine maintenance, so got to see them up close. Just walking the lot, they had 8 G80s and 2 G90s. One G80 was a 5.0, the rest were 3.8s of various trim levels. Both G90s were 3.3Ts. It seems you at least got to try a 5.0 vs a 3.3T before making the decision.

Will be looking forward to some pics when you take delivery. Never seen a G90 in white.

Tuckerdog1

I owned a 2012 R-Spec, 2013 R-Spec and 2015 Ultimate 5.0 (which I have traded in). I will post the pictures as soon as i get delivery.
    Yes i have driven them back to back and I have found 3.3T being extremely smooth and quiet. Either engine provides more than enough pick-up and passing power.
    Last edited by forzza1; 04-15-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Aquineas is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX

Congrats! It will be interesting to hear your comparisons between the 2015 and the G90.
    Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar

Members don't see this ad
    I would start by saying G90 is in a different league altogether. While 2015 Genesis 3.8 or 5.0 are geared more towards sport and performance to some extend, G90 is designed to be a serene cruiser loaded with lots of technology. This does not mean G90 lacks sport demeanor. it holds its ground pretty nicely. For a car of its size is very nimble.
    I believe Genesis will sell a lot more 3.3T G90 than 5.0 albeit the price difference between these 2 units is pretty minor. 3.3T has a broader peak-torque curve than 5.0 and feels faster off the line. Also, because it uses small turbos, there is no turbo lag whatsoever. However 5.0 is a lot stronger high end.
    interior wise G90 is better appointed and looks more luxurious than 2015. The only think I don't like on G90 is the MMI software which to me is inferior, in some respects, to 2015/2016 models. This is subjective however and i don't want to elaborate on this topic.