Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Used car miles

Thread: Used car miles

dhall57 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2013 Genesis Cabernet Red Pearl 3.8
    I live in North Carolina

Default Used car miles

Members don't see this ad
    Still searching for a used Genesis 2011-2013. I've seen cars with less than 3k and some with as much as 160K. My max is about 60K. I would be paying for this car for at lease 48 months. Don't want it to be wore out by the time I get it payed off. What were the miles of your Genesis at purchase. Thanks.

MozartMan is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Motown/HockeyTown

Default Re: Used car miles

Mine had 6,000 miles. It was "Manager's special" (driven by his wife, I was told), or test drive car. It was sold as used. But it never had a title so I was original owner with original warranty.
    2011 Genesis 4.6 V8. Tech Package. White Satin Pearl. Wings badges - hood/trunk/wheels caps/steering wheel.

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA

My 2013 V6 Tech had 42K miles on it when I purchased in late 2016. Assuming average of 10K-12K miles per year it would already have 40K-72K miles before and an additional 40K-50K at lease end.
    Leasing with the intention to buy in the end basically shifts your down payment to the end in the form of the buyout while paying finance charges for the down payment for the entire lease period.
    Everyone has their own reasons for leasing but it seems to me that leasing a car that is between 4-6 years old is about the most expensive way to acquire a vehicle and outright purchase may be the smarter solution.
    I would run the numbers on purchase vs lease including overall costs for the 4 year period. Additionally the value of these things drops like a rock so be careful of the buyout figure.

dhall57 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2013 Genesis Cabernet Red Pearl 3.8
    I live in North Carolina

How do you like your 2013 3.8 Doug. Can you give me the heads up on anything about the car. I'm going to take a 2 hour drive Saturday morning to go check out a CPO 2013 Genesis Red Pearl 3.8 with tan interior & tech pkg and under 40K on the clock.

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA

To me, liking a car really boils down to what your expectations are and what you have been driving. Since the early 90's I have driven nothing but Mercedes and VW Passats so I can say from my perspective the car is not German, drives fine and looks good. If you like the car and it meets your expectations and drives well I'd say you have a good match. I was looking at Mercedes when I bought mine but based on price I thought I would give the Genesis a try and so far, with the amount I paid vs the Mercedes, I am happy with my decision and would recommend it to others.
    The car you're looking at is a CPO which is a bonus and at under 40K miles I'm sure it will have lots of trouble free miles left in it.
    In all honesty I wouldn't have any worries about this model as it has a good track record. Remember that for any of the horror stories you may read about in the forums there are many more satisfied customers who don't report or even belong to the forums.
    I have the Tech package and some things that were new to me as a driver were the SCC cruise control which took a little getting used to and the lane departure. I no longer use the LD. My thoughts on both LD and SCC are they are really not ready for prime time as their operation is rudimentary with zero anticipation, brake application and there is no way to revert to standard CC if it the sensor gets dirty or slushed over.
    When I bought my car it had a cracked windshield and I thought no biggie until I went to replace it on a cash deal. After telling Safelite it had Lane Depart and Rain Sensing wipers the best price I could come up was just under $600 instead of the $200 norm.
    Good luck with the test drive and decision.

I live in North Carolina

I have not ruled out the 4.6 V8 though. Their is a 2011 car about the same distance away. Champagne color with tan interior with 58K and would be about 4 grand less than the certified 2013 3.8.But the 2011 car is out of warranty so i would have to purchase some type of warranty coverage just in case for piece of mind.

CarLightTrends is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

dhall57

Do try to pick up a CPO car, and add Hyundai's extended warranty this way you are covered bumper to bumper for 10 years or 100K. One of my guys here had picked up a 2010 CPO in 2013 with just a little over 30K on the clock and added the warranty. Good thing that he did because just last year with just a little over 60K the 3.8 failed at startup, turns out that they have a problem with the 3.8s shaving metal in the oil due to soft main bearings. The total of the repair just under 10K and the dealer covered it 100% except his deductible of $50.

David Garcia
    www.carlighttrends.com
    UNAVI Online Sales Manager
    [email protected]

Ambush is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Carolinas

Members don't see this ad
    Have you tried Cargurus? Have you tried Jim Ellis in Atlanta? He ALWAYS has a genny more than likely CPO.
    2012 Satin White 3.8 Premium Sedan Pearl/Saddle: Premium
    Brake Motive CDS Rotors
    BC Sports BR Type Coilovers (to be installed)
    Niche M158 20x9 (245/40/20) + 20x10 (275/35/20) - Bronze
    Delinte Thunder D7 tires
    j2vinylworks.com - Avery Hood wrap/ 3M Roof Wrap