Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Satellite Radio Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TroyK is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Satellite Radio Problem

Members don't see this ad
    Anyone know how to re-set sirius/xm on our cars? i've got a base model 2015 genesis, and last night after i started the car to go home from work, the satellite radio window says "preparing siriusxm radio." didn't get too excited about it last night, but is says the same thing today. window won't react to any inputs. thankfully nav, etc appears to be operating normally. any ideas on how to get this working again.

Beardie is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Long Island, NY

Default Re: Satellite Radio Problem

[QUOTE=TroyK;237466]Anyone know how to re-set sirius/xm on our cars? i've got a base model 2015 genesis, and last night after i started the car to go home from work, the satellite radio window says "preparing siriusxm radio." didn't get too excited about it last night, but is says the same thing today. window won't react to any inputs. thankfully nav, etc appears to be operating normally. any ideas on how to get this working again.[/QUOTE

Hello TroyK......Apparently you haven't seen my past post. I have the same exact problem re. XM on my 2015 Genesis Tech. My problem is that it happens sporadically. It may kick in after a while of stating the updating message, or it will stay updating until I shut the engine off and wait a while. I had it to the dealer 3 times. They "reset" the radio, but this didn't work. The last time I had it there, it worked for them, so they said it's operating normally. I have since then contacted Hyundai and opened a case number. I will go back to the dealer one more time and ask for a factory rep if that doesn't work. I understand from others that the only fix is replacing the head unit on the radio. This, however, has caused a problem with the backup camera for another person! Hyundai doesn't seem to be very reliable re. electronics (ex. terrible voice recognition on the navigation etc.)!

thanks for the feedback. this is the first time this has happened to me in almost two years of leasing the car. i wonder if disconnecting the batter for an hour or so would help? guess i'll have to head back to the dealership. ugh!

posservice is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

This is very interesting because I have never had this problem until yesterday. My car was doing the same thing. Refreshed signal, it worked but then when I shut the car off I had no subscription. After a few minutes it would come back on until the car was shut off again. I have a 2015 Ultimate 3.8

i guess i could try refreshing the signal, but it seems to me that the software that runs the satellite radio is frozen/locked up on my car as the radio window won't accept any inputs, and no audio comes out of the speakers. however, if i switch to my usb media drive, i can play that music just fine. weird!

jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL

[QUOTE=Beardie;237472]
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyK View Post
    Anyone know how to re-set sirius/xm on our cars? i've got a base model 2015 genesis, and last night after i started the car to go home from work, the satellite radio window says "preparing siriusxm radio." didn't get too excited about it last night, but is says the same thing today. window won't react to any inputs. thankfully nav, etc appears to be operating normally. any ideas on how to get this working again.[/QUOTE

Hello TroyK......Apparently you haven't seen my past post. I have the same exact problem re. XM on my 2015 Genesis Tech. My problem is that it happens sporadically. It may kick in after a while of stating the updating message, or it will stay updating until I shut the engine off and wait a while. I had it to the dealer 3 times. They "reset" the radio, but this didn't work. The last time I had it there, it worked for them, so they said it's operating normally. I have since then contacted Hyundai and opened a case number. I will go back to the dealer one more time and ask for a factory rep if that doesn't work. I understand from others that the only fix is replacing the head unit on the radio. This, however, has caused a problem with the backup camera for another person! Hyundai doesn't seem to be very reliable re. electronics (ex. terrible voice recognition on the navigation etc.)!
    The backup camera needs to be programmed or you will get a double set of guide lines. It's not hard to do, but the dealer needs to contact the tech support folks to get the programming instructions. Canada has a TSB for this. For some reason, HMA has not proactively made this step part of the procedure to replace a head unit. Cover this with the dealer if they are replacing your unit. Tell them that you are not picking up the car if they have not properly programmed the back up camera.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

Beardie is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Long Island, NY

[QUOTE=jsmit86;237521]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardie View Post

The backup camera needs to be programmed or you will get a double set of guide lines. It's not hard to do, but the dealer needs to contact the tech support folks to get the programming instructions. Canada has a TSB for this. For some reason, HMA has not proactively made this step part of the procedure to replace a head unit. Cover this with the dealer if they are replacing your unit. Tell them that you are not picking up the car if they have not properly programmed the back up camera.
    Please keep us posted as to any fix for this. My dealers are not anxious to replace the head unit. My problem its that the problem occurs sporadically. I tried to bring the car in while it was happening, but they insist on shutting the engine off, waiting a while, and then re-starting the engine which usually results in the XM kicking in properly. Very frustrating. I wish the whole radio would break, then there would be no question about replacement!

posservice is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

I took the car to the dealer and they had to replace the head unit. They said they called Hyundai Tech Support and they knew exactly what the issue was and the only fix is to replace it. They also knew about the procedures to initialize everything after replacement. So far it is working fine.

waz is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Western North Cackalacky

I took my '15 Ultimate to the dealer for the same problem back in January!! They supposedly ordered a new head unit, but they keep telling me that it's not here yet. Has anyone else had to wait over 4 months to get a new head unit? Methinks I will file a complaint w/ Hyundai soon.
    Currently drive/ride: 2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate (Pamplona Red/Gray), 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT (Gray/Saddle), 1959 Ford F100, 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250, 1978 Kawasaki KZ 650

Members don't see this ad
    i stopped into the nearest dealership last Thursday so they could check out my problem. they ordered a new radio (presume that is the same as head unit) on Thursday. they called today and said the radio is in! unfortunately, i can't get back to the dealership until next Friday because it's a 3 hour drive to get there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast