Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Does anyone know the sales numbers for the G90?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana
    Cars in my garage

Default Does anyone know the sales numbers for the G90?

Members don't see this ad
    Does anyone have access to the sales numbers for the G90 since it first went on sale? Also, the split between V8 and V6 versions.

On another thread I saw numbers of 300+ country wide in the month of April. That ain't a lot of cars. Toyota makes more Camry's than that in an hour or two.
    In my Genesis garage: 2017 Genesis G90

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Does anyone know the sales numbers for the G90?

USA Genesis G90 Sales
    January 468
    February 327
    March 408
    From this web reporting service: http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...s/genesis-g90/
    In my Genesis garage: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

I live in S.E. Indiana
    Cars in my garage

Great. Thanks

I wasn't aware of this site. Got it bookmarked now.

jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL
    Cars in my garage

Outselling the Lexus LS.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

leggy is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Knowing the monthly production volume will help to make a better judgment. I know you were joking but it's not fair to compare the G90 with the Camry.

I live in S.E. Indiana
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Knowing the monthly production volume will help to make a better judgment. I know you were joking but it's not fair to compare the G90 with the Camry.
    True enough, and yes, I was joking. I really wouldn't expect the G90 to be anywhere the same in volume. Still, when you think about country wide sales, that's a pretty small number. Helps explain why I haven't seen another one in the Cincinnati area.

The ultimates are even rarer still. When I bought mine a couple months back, it was the only one for sale in Cincinnati. Haven't seen any more in dealer's inventory since. Makes me almost afraid to drive it since it will be hard to replace if some jerk runs a red light and totals it. None the less, I will continue to drive it because it's just so darn nice.

Riley2323 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut
    Cars in my garage

Maybe we should just put them in the garage, they will be automatic collectors items at this pace.

The more I drive it, the more certain I am that I will buy it when the lease is up. Of course, if the next model is just as nice and at the same price point, who knows.

If they do have another that is purchase worthy, there is no way I can turn this thing in and not take it on the chin. My miles will be over, and there is just always wear and tear. I plan on either a quick flip on a car selling service or keep it until the wheels fall off. My BMW turn in experience was awful......ly expensive!

I live in S.E. Indiana
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2323 View Post
    Maybe we should just put them in the garage, they will be automatic collectors items at this pace.

The more I drive it, the more certain I am that I will buy it when the lease is up. Of course, if the next model is just as nice and at the same price point, who knows.

If they do have another that is purchase worthy, there is no way I can turn this thing in and not take it on the chin. My miles will be over, and there is just always wear and tear. I plan on either a quick flip on a car selling service or keep it until the wheels fall off. My BMW turn in experience was awful......ly expensive!
    I'm with you on buying it at lease end. I'm afraid I'm going to be way over on mileage if I don't slow down. Then again, what's the point of having it if you can't enjoy it.

I suspect the word will get around and the auto magazines will start to take it seriously. I'm sure sales will pick-up into the next year. Auto Week is doing a long term test on a premium model and their first quarter report was almost gushing. They seem willing to accept the car as it is and don't seem to mind that it isn't a sports/luxury car like the German brands. Mind you, the handling is pretty darn good anyway. They had nothing bad to say about the car and never once mentioned the shifter like so many other reviews. Nothing negative about the wood trim either other than they thought it would be better with a less glossy finish.

leggy is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

The only major complaint I have about the G90 is the road noise when driving on harsh pavement and going over small bumpy road partitions. The noise level at this type of roads is still high, other than that the car is very quite. Engine noise is almost none existence so is the wind noise and I hope that remain the case.

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    Does anyone have access to the sales numbers for the G90 since it first went on sale? Also, the split between V8 and V6 versions.

On another thread I saw numbers of 300+ country wide in the month of April. That ain't a lot of cars. Toyota makes more Camry's than that in an hour or two.
    Have to keep in mind that the flagship sedan segment has really shrunk in sales (w/ the S Class being the lone, real volume seller w/ the CT6 and 7 Series kinda in btwn).

2017 YTD

S Class - 5,139
    CT6 - 3,382
    7 Series - 3,097
    Panamera - 1,715
    G90 - 1,519
    LS - 1,238
    A8 - 1,084
    XJ - 966
    K900 - 147

Toss in these 2 as well -

Conti - 4,212