Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers

Members don't see this ad
    Check some of the YouTube videos. Several dealers received G80 Sports yesterday. Several things I noticed immediately:

(1) It appears the black interior has slightly "coppery" leather inserts in the bottom and top interior surfaces. Going to try and get out tomorrow to confirm that.

(2) The wheels and trim look FANTASTIC!

(3) The Genesis website really REALLY needs to get their act in gear and get the G80 Sport up and running on it. The dealers don't even appear to be able to get their inventory listed.

dareckibmw is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers

I've driven one today and I liked it.

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 Empire State Gray (fastest color ever)
    2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Titanium Gray Metallic (fastest color Rspec) (sold)
    2014 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L AWD (Wife's car)
    1999 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    1998 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

3. Default Re: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers

Excellent! I might try and get over to our nearest dealer in Waukesha tomorrow and drive it. I was all set to replace my '16 V6 with the new Sport but I am stalling a little as I like the look of the new Stinger GT as well.

I live in Romeoville, IL
    Cars in my garage

I have the V8 5.0 but I was very impressed by the power of a new 3.3T, it pulls like a train! lol I think you'll love it.... ~59k! haha

MadCat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

Darek, you said that you liked the suspension over you V8. Is your V8 with Ultimate package or base? I don't like suspension in my Ultimate…

2015 Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    G80 Full LED Headlight System
    K&N Drop In Filters
    Niche Wheels
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe

SOLD:
    2016 Mercedes AMG C450
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate Black
    2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Limited
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis V8 Ultimate

I live in Romeoville, IL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
    Darek, you said that you liked the suspension over you V8. Is your V8 with Ultimate package or base? I don't like suspension in my Ultimate…

I got base package and it's lowered on springs and I'm on 20's, so the ride is more harsh than stuck suspension, but I really really like what they did to G80s! I'd say it's more stiff than my car now, more firm at the same time, car handles better, cornering, etc. I'm not sure, because it's AWD?
    All my test driving was made in "SPORT" mode, though.

balfor is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by dareckibmw View Post
    I got base package and it's lowered on springs and I'm on 20's, so the ride is more harsh than stuck suspension, but I really really like what they did to G80s! I'd say it's more stiff than my car now, more firm at the same time, car handles better, cornering, etc. I'm not sure, because it's AWD?
    All my test driving was made in "SPORT" mode, though.
    Nice that you got to drive it, any comments on the steering? How did the new thicker "sport" steering wheel feel? Is the steering any quicker than the regular cars? Also, I would assume the body roll is less than the stock cars?

Looks like the color is the new polar ice, pretty cool color but I would probably go with white or black on the sport model.

jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL
    Cars in my garage

I have another question.. this car has the new 9.2" DIS NAV unit. Can you split the screen to show NAV and Radio/ipod screen at the same time?
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by balfor View Post
    Looks like the color is the new polar ice, pretty cool color but I would probably go with white or black on the sport model.
    Genesis Motors will "supposedly" initially start with 2 color choices in the USA market, and roll out additional color options during the rest of 2017. The details were posted in another thread, which showed the production dates that each color would start. Keep in mind that there can be a delay of 1-3 months between production date and dealer delivery date due to ocean freight from Korea and Genesis Motors USA prep at port of entry.

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Genesis Motors will "supposedly" initially start with 2 color choices in the USA market, and roll out additional color options during the rest of 2017. The details were posted in another thread, which showed the production dates that each color would start. Keep in mind that there can be a delay of 1-3 months between production date and dealer delivery date due to ocean freight from Korea and Genesis Motors USA prep at port of entry.
    A simple youtube search shows you are wrong. In addition to the Polar Ice Dareck posted, one can easily find:

White:

Black:

Red:

Gray:
    Last edited by Nikgen; 05-07-2017 at 05:13 AM.
    Current: 2016 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: June 15, 2015
    Previous: 2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: May 07, 2014

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast