Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Someone is driving around in my Genesis this weekend???? Dealership joyride?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GenesisFred is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Someone is driving around in my Genesis this weekend???? Dealership joyride?

Members don't see this ad
    So I took my '15 Genesis in for service on Wednesday. Back story-- I had a dealer do a recall for the tires, and ever since there is a vibration and the wheel constantly has to be cocked to the left. The dealer I had been dealing with is 45 min away. There is another dealer 15 min away. I stopped and explained the issue and they were more than happy to help. I even went out with the "lead master tech" to show him my concerns. He saw it was a valid complaint and worked on it. He did a bunch of "road force balance" trickery over a couple of days. It improved, but not a lot. He said maybe the tires need to be broken in and if I wasn't happy they would take care if it. So I went on a road trip of about 2,000 miles. It hasn't gotten any better so I took it back.

This brings us to last Wednesday.

The guys were really nice. They said they would get the same tech back on it. As I was talking with the young man who was writing me up he mentioned he loved the Genesis and how it drives better than any other car around. I said "oh, they let you drive all the cars?" "No, but you know. Sometimes you gotta take home a customers car, you know what I mean?" This seemed a little odd to me. I grew up around the car business in metro Detroit. My dad was a highly awarded service manager. On occasions he would bring a customers car home because of a specific complaint. I could understand a Tech...but not the 22yr old service writer who doesn't know the difference between a master cylinder and a piston ring.

I didn't think anything about it then. The next day I had to go grab something out of the car I forgot. It was unlocked in the parking lot. This was upsetting because it is a very high crime city. The seat was all adjusted way back. I mean leaning low. It was way different than I set it, and I am a big and tall guy. So I have my seat back pretty far.

At that point I put the seat movement and some other items in the car that I did not leave there and put that together with what the service writer kid said. It made me nervous. I didn't have time to do anything then, and went off to my work appointment.

Later that day I signed up for the remote program through Blu Link. Now I can see the status of the car. If it is locked or unlocked, running or off, door opened Ect. This plan only allows me to find the location if I am within one mile though. I found the car was unlocked way after hours at the dealership. Again, upsetting considering the high crime area.

I notice the car running Friday late in the day and start and stop a few times Friday after the dealership was closed. Same thing Saturday and Sunday! Literally someone has my car for the weekend and is driving it all around! It is running for at least 30-40 minutes at times. Sometimes less.

Now I understand if a tech needed to take a car home and back to diagnose an issue. However, you can tell this issue within 3 minutes of driving it. The first time I was in with this issue, the tech asked me to drive with him to show him. It was very evident to both of us. After his repairs he acknowledged that it didn't entirely resolve it. I still could understand a 30 minute drive or so. But the WHOLE FREAKIN WEEKEND!!??

Am I the only one that thinks this is insane! To me it feels like my car has been stolen! I didn't give them permission to do this. I don't know yet who is driving my car how many miles they have driven or why but I will find out.

Does anyone know if there is any legal recourse for this? I am sure they would be responsible for damages. I just feel totally violated. Like when my truck was broken into and my stereo stolen. People I do not know are using my car without my permission or knowledge.

turnne is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Signature

Default Re: Someone is driving around in my Genesis this weekend???? Dealership joyride?

Check the miles when you dropped it off vs now and bring it to the management of the dealership

Warren

GenesisFred is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: Someone is driving around in my Genesis this weekend???? Dealership joyride?

Quote Originally Posted by turnne View Post
    Check the miles when you dropped it off vs now and bring it to the management of the dealership

Warren
    Over 600 miles!!

And when I got there there were child seats in the car, an empty needle seringe and a bottle of Flexeril in it.

I cought a young service writer using it and they said he just went to the store. Really, at 6:30 in the morning?

waz is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Western North Cackalacky

I had the same thing happen to me on April 1st when I took my car in to have the anhydrous mangling pin enabled through the adjustment of the cryptonastic bowling shim.

When I picked up my car I found a toll receipt from the Alaskan Turnpike, a mobile meth lab in the back seat, and a dead hooker in the trunk!

These damned dealers just get away w/ murder if you ask me.
    Currently drive/ride: 2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate (Pamplona Red/Gray), 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT (Gray/Saddle), 1959 Ford F100 (rust/mouse turds), 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250, 1978 Kawasaki KZ 650

This one is extra shady!

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA

Fred, what did the police say, over the weekend, when you told them your car had been stolen?
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

The police are currently investigating criminal charges.

tuckerdog1 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2015 2G 5.0
    I live in TEXAS

I really want to know how this ends.

Tuckerdog1

Doktormoo is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Grand Rapids, MI

Which dealership in the Detroit area? I had a less than pleasurable experience on the phone with one there. Needless to say, I am purchasing mine via a dealership in a different part of the state. Let Genesis corporate know. If it is the same one, this will not bode well for them. I reported my experience to Genesis corporate as well. They were nice and indicated that they would follow-up on it.

Aquineas is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX

If this is real, you really should call out the dealership.
    Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" TSW Amaroo Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar

Ohh it is real. I have video and audio. Randy Wise Hyundai in Flint.

The Genesis customer service has reached out to the dealership to contact me, with no response from the dealer. After i washed and cleaned up the car I found some damage. This might have to result in civil court.

jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL

If that keeps up, Genesis Motors should terminate the dealer agreement.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

I don't think the dealer will care. There is not a lot of people buying a Genesis in Flint. Not only is it the birthplace of GM but the economy isn't good.

Lord Humunculous is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis V6 HTRAC
    I live in Texas

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by waz View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me on April 1st when I took my car in to have the anhydrous mangling pin enabled through the adjustment of the cryptonastic bowling shim.

When I picked up my car I found a toll receipt from the Alaskan Turnpike, a mobile meth lab in the back seat, and a dead hooker in the trunk!

These damned dealers just get away w/ murder if you ask me.

OK, since no one else will, I'm calling BS, the mangling pin is not "enabled" by anything, it's part the static planetary hydrocoptic marzel vane without which side fumbling cannot be reduced through the use of a unilateral phase detractor which is why modial capacitive redactance is now handled by a panendermic semi-bolloid nofer trunnions automatically synchronized to the cardinal grammeters using only the ambiphasient lunar spurvis bearings.

Seriously, it's like you people have never worked on a car much less had to, at the very least, replace the drawn reciprocation dingle arm to reduce soinasodial repleneration.

I am disappoint.
    2016 V6 Ultimate AWD Montecito/Ivory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast