Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Made the jump. G80 Sport
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    txvmax is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Default Made the jump. G80 Sport

Members don't see this ad
    Hey guys just upgraded today to an 18 Sport. Grey with black interior. I LOVE IT. Traded my 15 5.0 Ultimate. Take the power from the 5.0 revving from 4000-6000rpm and transfer it to 1700-5000. It comes on boost really strong at 3000 and the back wiggles for traction. It's quick. The new steering wheel is a very nice change. Copper accents really tie things together. I have a couple bad videos and some good pics. Yes it's expensive.. basically 56k which is a lot but it's fully loaded and currently 2,500 rebate. It's worth the trade should anyone be on the fence. I highly recommend. The layouts different obviously. The Lexicon 17 spkr system is even better than before. They incorporated some sound settings that really enhance the sound. My favorite thing that really classes up or appears expensive is the black suede headliner. It continue down all pillars and across the roof cover. It's beautiful. Just like the Audi S7 I sampled. Not sure how to upload videos but great car.

MadCat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Made the jump. G80 Sport

Congrats! Post them on YouTube and give us links!

2015 Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    G80 Full LED Headlight System
    K&N Drop In Filters
    Niche Wheels
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe

SOLD:
    2016 Mercedes AMG C450
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate Black
    2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Limited
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis V8 Ultimate

balfor is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Congrats! You must be one of the first. Any comments on the handling? How is the suspension compared to your old car?

Genesis_2016 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

Congrats dude. Drive it well!
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Sedan Ultimate

GenesisYEG is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Edmonton, Alberta
    Cars in my garage

Congratulations! Any more thoughts regarding the handling and overall performance?

I haven't driven the G80 Sport yet but I got to spend time with it at the local autoshow and one of the things I noticed that you pointed out is how the sound system is better. The 17-speaker Lexicon system in the Sport has QuantumLogic 7.1 surround and it sounds fantastic compared to the system in the 2017s -- definitely sounds more like the G90's system.
    Currently Driving: 2018 Genesis G80 Sport AWD
    Previous: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate AWD, Genesis G80 3.8 Tech AWD, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S

akeelj is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2018 G80 Sport
    I live in Los Angeles Area
    Cars in my garage

Drove the G80 yesterday on and extended test drive in SoCal. First off, the car is striking in person. Much more captivating than the 2017 (TBD when the non-sport '18's come out). My first impression of the car from the exterior was that the front is by far its best view. Its profile is nice, but the wheels (IMHO) seem too small for its large stature. The rear is pleasant but nothing special compared to previous models (the V8). As to the driving, the car does have a lot of "get-up." I barely noticed doing 75mph, and 91mph came effortlessly, other than that, it feels very similar to the '16 and 17' Ultimate I've driven.
    For me, the G80s has been a long time coming, been looking at Genesis since '15 and barring an incredible discount on an A6 3.0T competition package; this will be my next "whip"
    Last edited by akeelj; 05-14-2017 at 11:35 PM.

jailer is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by akeelj View Post
    Drove the G80 yesterday
    Which engine did you drive and rwd or awd ?

armen212 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: G80 Sport polar ice
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Wow congratulations buddy. I'm hoping to join you soon lol. I do have a question tho, u said there's a 2,500 rebate but I couldn't find that anywhere. Who told you about it?
    In my Genesis garage: 2018 GENESIS G80 SPORT

akeelj is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2018 G80 Sport
    I live in Los Angeles Area
    Cars in my garage

RWD, no need for an AWD in SoCal
    Last edited by akeelj; 05-15-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Munch520 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Midwest
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Are the paddles in the sport still creaky plastic?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast