Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: New Cooper tire RS3-G1
    NJTom is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Central PA

Default New Cooper tire RS3-G1

Members don't see this ad
    Cooper has a newer All Season performance tire called the RS3-G1 (i think it is replacing the RS3-A). The reviews look good. I wonder if anyone has tried them yet and what are their thoughts? I did a search but didn't see anything about these tires specifically.

http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Passe...ON-RS3-G1.aspx

TheDr9669 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Greater Houston area

Default Re: New Cooper tire RS3-G1

That looks like a decent tire. With a UTQG of 500 they should last a bit. But the higher the UTQG the lower your traction performance will be. You trade performance for longevity with higher numbers. I see you are up in NJ, so unless you have separate wheels/tires for summer and winter an all season tire is your safest bet. Personally those would feel like riding on plastic and I would be sliding all over the place. Also, check TireRack and see if there are any reviews. That will give you some idea of what they are like.
    2014 5.0 R-Spec
    Persian Grey on Black
    MSA Secondary CAT delete
    Modified exhaust
    R2C CAI
    Rigid Collars

R.I.P. 2011 4.6 Genesis
    Cabernet Red w/ Cashmere

cdccjohnson is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in St Augustine

Default Re: New Cooper tire RS3-G1

Members don't see this ad
    Just put a set on my son's Mazda and happy so far. We had previously had the RS3-A and they were wonderful. Very quiet and wore perfectly. Not sure of exact mileage but at least 40k