Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Card key fob
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Card key fob

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: Card key fob

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I found a dealership in West Palm Beach willing to try a card key on the G90. Unfortunately it didn't work. They ordered the card key directly from Genesis which only sells the key for the G80. I really thought it was going to work. I was thinking maybe we should try an Equus card key. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Try a Canadian dealer (where I "thought" it is standard equipment on G90), or on Ebay from a Korean auto parts importer.

2. Default Re: Card key fob

Thank you. That is my next play. I did speak with a parts dealer who claims the 2017 g80 and g90 keys are the same and will work on either vehicle so I am very surprised the card key didn't.

GarnetTy1473 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Noblesville, IN

Default Re: Card key fob

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thank you. That is my next play. I did speak with a parts dealer who claims the 2017 g80 and g90 keys are the same and will work on either vehicle so I am very surprised the card key didn't.
    The part #'s for the key fobs are slightly different between the G80 and G90. The G80 is 95440-D2000-BLH, while the G90 is 95440-D2000-NNB. Usually Hyundai reserves the last 3 digits for a trim color code. I haven't really compared the 2 fobs closely to see if there is an external difference between the 2. I'll be driving my G90 to work tomorrow and will try to remember to compare it to the G80s we have here. We only have a couple G90s in stock, and finding those keys is sometimes a task as someone is always wanting to test drive them. If externally they appear to be the same, then I'm going to assume there is something different internally that would make it not work.
    John Nance, Parts Manager & G90 owner
    Terry Lee Hyundai/Genesis
    Noblesville, IN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12