Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Card key fob
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Card key fob

1. Default Card key fob

Members don't see this ad
    I currently have an Equus and love the card key fob. I keep it in my wallet. I have heard multiple different things regarding the card key for the g90. Some say it isn't an option and others have told me it comes with the 5.0. Has anyone's g90 come with the card key or has anyone been able to add it.

Beau2424 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Equus Ultimate

Default Re: Card key fob

Is this an option for a 2012 equus???
    "HE WHO ANGERS YOU, CONTROLS YOU!"

3. Default Re: Card key fob

Quote Originally Posted by Beau2424 View Post
    Is this an option for a 2012 equus???
    It came with my 2014 Equus and I love it. The more I am calling dealerships it sounds like it isn't even something that can be added to the g90. I am bummed b/c that is a deal breaker for me.

Genesis_2016 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Canada

I got a pair with my 2015 5.0. Problem is I almost always leave my wallet in the car which means if I have the card in there, the doors wont lock so for me their worthless but I can understand how others might like the option.

wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana

I never got anything like that with my Ultimate. Dealer never mentioned it either.

jimmy buoy is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 H-Track Ultimate
    I live in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada

The card key fob came as standard equipment with my 2015 5.0 (along with AWD and LED daytime running lights).

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy buoy View Post
    The card key fob came as standard equipment with my 2015 5.0 (along with AWD and LED daytime running lights).
    Comes with Canada versions, not USA versions of the Genesis.

8. Default Re: Card key fob

Thank you. Do you know if I purchase a key card if it can be programmed to a new G90?

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thank you. Do you know if I purchase a key card if it can be programmed to a new G90?
    In theory, yes. If you can find someone who will do it.

10. Default Re: Card key fob

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    In theory, yes. If you can find someone who will do it.
    I found a dealership in West Palm Beach willing to try a card key on the G90. Unfortunately it didn't work. They ordered the card key directly from Genesis which only sells the key for the G80. I really thought it was going to work. I was thinking maybe we should try an Equus card key. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast