Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Sorry to do this but lets recap the 2011 4.6
    Dawg is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Atlanta Burbs
    Cars in my garage

Default Sorry to do this but lets recap the 2011 4.6

Members don't see this ad
    $1,500 for drive shaft crap (weird)
    $3,000 ABS module computer crap
    $24,000 New engine.. $17K for parts and $6k for labor
    $300 lock actuator
    $1,000 suspension mishap

Vehicle is a total dud. Warranty paid for all. My Transmission is crap so I am bailing good night all Brand sucks
    2011 4.6 Tau w/Tech Package
    Light Silver / Tan
    Wings all Over!
    30% Pinnacle Tint
    96K mi

84FordMan is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in NC
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Sorry to do this but lets recap the 2011 4.6

Members don't see this ad
    ZF 6HP's have an issue that as they age, they leak internally, lose pressure and will accelerate internal wear and tear. The shift quality degrades over time when this happens but it is nowhere near drastic enough for many people to notice, especially, if like me, you bought yours with some miles on it already.

This is not limited to just Hyundai, the same transmission and same issue are present in the $450,000 Rolls Royce Phantom and dozens of other vehicles all across the price spectrum.

I imagine the drive shaft was the cause of worn guibos? Those rubber flexible couplers are not meant to last the life of the vehicle. They need to be inspected regularly for cracks and dry rotting once you pass 60k or 4 years and yes Hyundai does not service them without an entire drive shaft, but if you inspect the guibo you will find a casting number and if you Google that, you will find replacements at about $65 each.

Curious about the rest of your issues though, currently I am at 86K without any repairs that was not preventive maintenance.
    -- 2010 3.8 Coupe Auto Bathurst Black -- (Gone)
    - Flowmaster 80-series/R2C/Sedan calipers/RMR grille
    - Top Speed headers/Megan mid-pipe/Nexus7 in dash

-- 2011 4.6 Sedan Tech/Prem Platinum Metallic --
    - Custom SRI
    - MSA X-pipe
    - Depo Racing test pipes
    - Coupe Brembo swap
    - BTR Tuned