Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Average age of Genesis owners?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    turnne is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Signature

Default Re: Average age of Genesis owners?

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post
    From the Wards Auto article about where the Genesis brand is getting its conquest buyers...

Buyers largely are white, male, college-educated and older than 50, with median household incomes touching $145,000, but Raphael is quick to point out the Genesis brand is reaching out to all potential luxury buyers and welcomes everyone interested in the products and able to afford the vehicles.

Figure that for G80 buyers, somewhere in the mid-upper 40 yrs of age and a bit lower in median income.

When the G70 arrives, both figures should go down further.

And as I had stated, the majority of buyers are white; should start to see an increase in the % of female buyers with the G70, but that should really go up w/ the upcoming crossovers (so age should continue to decline, but the median income should start to go back up with the addition of the crossovers).

For proper context - the average age of a Lexus buyer in 2014 was 53 (which is down from 56 yrs of age in 2009). (Another article from 2014 lists the avg. age of Lexus buyers again at 56 - so take these figures w/ a grain of salt as can vary depending on the source and as to what models were the big sellers in a particular year - i.e. - a new S Class can skew the #s up for Mercedes).

MB also had an average age of 53 in 2012 according to one source, and an avg. of 57 in 2013 according to another source.
    you need to break that down by specific model
    due to the huge difference in price I bet the average age of buyers from one model to the next is significant
    An average age across all models has no relevance when its wide

Warren

DubbuD is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in St. John's, Newfoundland - Canada

Quote Originally Posted by armen212 View Post
    LOL I just turned 22 a week ago, I'm officially the baby in this group
    WOOOO, Another young gun!
    2015 Genesis 3.8 H-Trac AWD
    Tech Package
    Parisian Grey
    18% Tint All Around

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

Quote Originally Posted by turnne View Post
    you need to break that down by specific model
    due to the huge difference in price I bet the average age of buyers from one model to the next is significant
    An average age across all models has no relevance when its wide

Warren
    Raphael didn't break down the nos., but as I already stated, the avg. age and median income for G80 buyers should be a bit lower.

But since there have been 1.916 G90 sales and 6,390 G80 sales YTD w/ the G90 comprising about 23% of Genesis sales, one can make a rough guess.

TylerDH is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate
    I live in Kansas

39 here. long time Toyota/Lexus guy, tried a BMW 5 series and now moved into the Genesis and love it so far.

DurtyByrd is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Cary, NC

31 here (until tomorrow). I've wanted a Genesis for a long time and just recently bought a CPO 2016 3.8L RWD. My daily driver for the past 7 years was a 2008 Dodge Charger :/

Lord Humunculous is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis V6 HTRAC
    I live in Texas

102 today
    2016 V6 Ultimate AWD Montecito/Ivory

pmckechnie is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2018 G80 Base
    I live in Matthews, NC

YEH,
    You have made comments on this thread but you haven't told us how old you are. Is that information classified?
    I feel privileged to say I am 74 and can still drive. So many can't say that.
    PaulM

2018 Genesis G80 Base

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

^ Paul -

Great that you are in good health!

Not confidential, but since I don't own a Genesis, didn't think it was relevant (but right in the demographics for prospective buyers for the G70 or Kia Stinger).

Something like the G80 is too big for me and the current model doesn't exactly float my boat (a future model something along the lines of the New York concept, otoh...).

DubbuD is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in St. John's, Newfoundland - Canada

I'd prolly trade for a G70 if the price was right and the car looks good. The Stinger is sexy.

Bill K is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Chicagoland

Members don't see this ad
    I'm 70....I'm getting so old, I'm considering retiring from racing bikes, and just ride for fun. I'm having a hard time with those young 60 year olds.
    2013 Genesis V6 w/ Premium and Tech
    Black on Black with trunk badge and painted rear calipers. 6 LED 31mm festoons in glove & trunk.

2005 Elantra GT hatchback stick w/ 149,000 miles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast