Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
    ROMIL01 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Question Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Members don't see this ad
    Anyone know if the 2015-2016 Genesis sedan with the 9.2" infotainment screen is ever going to get Apple CarPlay or Android Auto? Since it comes standard on all G80s, even with the 9.2" screen, seems like it should be made available on the 2015-2016 model years. Still unbelievable to me that Hyundai released it for the lower trim levels of the Genesis (yes I know they share a common screen with lower-end Hyundais), but kept it away from those of us who paid more.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

There are many threads on this subject. It will not be available until the 2018 model year for the 17-speaker Lexicon system, due to technical issues.

Note that the Genesis website now features the 2018 G80 (not just the Sport trim model).

ROMIL01 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    There are many threads on this subject. It will not be available until the 2018 model year for the 17-speaker Lexicon system, due to technical issues.

Note that the Genesis website now features the 2018 G80 (not just the Sport trim model).
    Thanks for the info.

glennk is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Dallas, TX

Would a hardware upgrade be needed on the 2015-2016 9.2" set-up? It was my understanding that it didn't have the necessary equipment, but the 8" did.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by glennk View Post
    Would a hardware upgrade be needed on the 2015-2016 9.2" set-up? It was my understanding that it didn't have the necessary equipment, but the 8" did.
    I am not sure we know for certain. But we do know that Hyundai is not going to retroactively provide it on 2015-2016 (and also 2017 G80). The 2018 G80 has it.

jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL

Quote Originally Posted by glennk View Post
    The 8" AVN Systems are up-gradable from 2015 onward.
    The 9" DIS (Scroll wheel) systems are NOT and will not be up-gradable for 2015-2017 model years.
    2018 DIS systems DO have the necessary platform hardware changes to accommodate the feature, which is standard now for all 2018 Genesis Models - regardless of AVN vs. DIS system.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX

Quote Originally Posted by jsmit86 View Post
    The 8" AVN Systems are up-gradable from 2015 onward.
    The 9" DIS (Scroll wheel) systems are NOT and will not be up-gradable for 2015-2017 model years.
    2018 DIS systems DO have the necessary platform hardware changes to accommodate the feature, which is standard now for all 2018 Genesis Models - regardless of AVN vs. DIS system.
    Thanks for that info.

Here's a bonus question:

Would the 2015-2017 models gain Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability if the radio was exchanged for the one added to the 2018 Genesis Models?
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png

glennk is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTX View Post
    Thanks for that info.

Here's a bonus question:

Would the 2015-2017 models gain Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability if the radio was exchanged for the one added to the 2018 Genesis Models?
    Is the 2018 hardware even compatible with the previous years? I'll look online to see if I can find anything...

Kbracy is offline Hasn't posted much yet...

Members don't see this ad
    Did anyone find out if the unit can be exchanged for one that has the Apple CarPlay?