Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: HUD problem

Thread: HUD problem

armen212 is offline Supporting Member What I drive: G80 Sport polar ice
    I live in CA

Default HUD problem

Members don't see this ad
    Ok so I was just driving then one day going WEST this blob took over the hud display. Seems to only come when going west and goes away when you go a different direction.

I live in CA

Default Re: HUD problem

HUD.jpg
    i didnt get to take the picture at the right time but that blob was alot lower and covered the display

dreamerak is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in Bellevue WA

What did your dealer service department say?

lobsenza is offline Registered Member I live in Austin, TX

Dirt on the HUD screen?
    2015 5.0 Ultimate, Casablanca White with Black Interior Build Date July 2014
    Options:
    Mud guards, trunk mat, rear bumper applique, wheel locks
    Customization:Automatic turn on of heated/cooled seats, Automatic raising/lowering of rear sunshade

Other Vehicles:
    2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    2005 Lincoln LS V8

I live in CA

Havenít tooken to dealer yet. Also this was after a car wash and I did some searches and I think it was on this website where someone else had the same problem with the same conditions (very hot). 110f

Stocks2k is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

This has been reported in the past with the Genesis. The consensus was it is the HUD screen fogging up. You may want to check that next time it happens.
    2015 Empire State Gray 5.0 Ultimate

Previously 2013 5.0 R-Spec

Skywagon is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

Have a g-80 sport. First car I ever owned with a HUD. Nice but can't be seen with polarized sun glasses on. Oh well.

kn5owa is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8

I almost paid extra for a HUD equipped car simply because I wanted a red car which happened to have the HUD feature

So I got blue & now glad

HUD is one of many features that are "works in progress"
    Drives '06 Sonata LX V6
    2015 Genesis 5.0 V8
    Montecito Blue

Sugrat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in SoCal

Downside on mine, when the sun shines on it, the edges of the housing are reflected on the window.

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX

Quote Originally Posted by kn5owa View Post
    I almost paid extra for a HUD equipped car simply because I wanted a red car which happened to have the HUD feature

So I got blue & now glad

HUD is one of many features that are "works in progress"
    The "HUD" is 100% ready for prime time, and my experience with the HUD in this car has gotten me to the point where I will look for a HUD on my next car (which will NOT be a Genesis based on my experience so far with the brand and the dealership).

Hyundai did a great job on the HUD, unlike many other areas of the car ...
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png

Ragnar is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan

First car I had with a HUD was a 1998 Pont.Bonneville and I gotta say the HUD on my 2016 Genesis ultimate absolutely blow's it away,....
    Love that even the nav.route is shown....👍🏻

trespinosranch is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Gilroy, CA

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTX View Post
    The "HUD" is 100% ready for prime time, and my experience with the HUD in this car has gotten me to the point where I will look for a HUD on my next car (which will NOT be a Genesis based on my experience so far with the brand and the dealership).

Hyundai did a great job on the HUD, unlike many other areas of the car ...
    Unfortunately I have to agree. The dealership experience sucks. Maybe in several years when dedicated Genesis dealers open up things will change. I'm in the market for a smaller vehicle and was going to wait for the G70. But, I'm turned off by my dealership experience. Most likely will go with the Audi A4, even though it won't have a few options I love on my Genesis.
    2016 Genesis 3.8 AWD Ultimate
    2016 Acura RDX AWD
    Retired: '15 MBZ C300 AWD Luxury/Airmatic, '14 Lexus RX350 AWD, '13 Jaguar XF, '13 Toy Avalon

I'm not trying disagree with you, but what kinds of dealership problems.

Especially with valet service, what issues are you having? (Just bought my G80 3 days ago)

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Amishp11 View Post
    I'm not trying disagree with you, but what kinds of dealership problems.

Especially with valet service, what issues are you having? (Just bought my G80 3 days ago)
    The valet service started with the 2017 model year, the 2015 (mine) and 2016 (tresponosranch's) models don't have that perk. I get Chevy Cruze and Hyundai Sonatate base model rentals from Enterprise when I drop off my car - I sometimes sit at the Enterprise rental location for 30 - 45 minutes before I even get a car ... one time they were totally out of cars and trucks - they wanted to give me a 15 passenger van ... I'm not running a hotel shuttle service!

The issue I have that I have taken my car to dealerships 8 times in 16 months (one time they kept the car for four weeks while I was driving a base model Chevy Cruze), and that only 2 issues have been addressed. My other, reproducible issues have been declared "normal" by the service department. These are demonstrably not issues on any of the rental cars I have driven, or any of the previous vehicles I have owned - Hyundai and the dealership service department have just given up on trying to address them.

The service department tried to sell me two issues I had as "features" or issues caused by roadways I use until I proved them wrong. I.e. I had to provide research and documentation that they were feeding me BS. I had to send them an official TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) from Hyundai to convince them that they were wrong.

They are used to dealing with customers who are cost conscious, not to people who expect a luxury car experience (that's who they are after with the Genesis brand). I don't expect free Cappuccino, doughnuts and a chair massage every time I go there, I do expect to not be treated like an idiot when I explain issues to them - they just try to get rid of me by coming up with bulls#!% explanations why things are "normal". I have a masters in mechanical engineering, with a specialization in automotive engineering - I am pretty sure I know more about these issues than service advisors at a Hyundai dealership, and I know when I'm being told bulls#!% so I'll just go away ...