Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Siberian Ice (SPORT late 2017 availability)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dreamerak is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in Bellevue WA

Default Siberian Ice (SPORT late 2017 availability)

Members don't see this ad
    Pics anyone? I know its supposed to be darker than Santiago Silver, according to 2018 G80 brochure, but that's about it.

jailer is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Default Re: Siberian Ice (SPORT late 2017 availability)

It's right here in the link below. Looks just like a light blue metallic I think. Very nice IMO.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2...s-g80/preview/

Bogey99 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2002 BMW 530i
    I live in San Diego

That one in the link looks like the Polar Ice that is available now. I think the article just mis-labeled the photo.

I think Siberian Ice is a light gray color. I saw a G80 brochure online (link) that had a color called Racing Gray with the same RGY color code as Siberian Ice in the US, but it's more light gray than a silver shade that I was hoping for. Love the G80, but I wish they had better color choices before I pull the trigger on one.
    Last edited by Bogey99; 07-12-2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: added link to brochure

dreamerak is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in Bellevue WA

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey99 View Post
    That one in the link looks like the Polar Ice that is available now. I think the article just mis-labeled the photo.

I think Siberian Ice is a light gray color. I saw a G80 brochure online (link) that had a color called Racing Gray with the same RGY color code as Siberian Ice in the US, but it's more light gray than a silver shade that I was hoping for. Love the G80, but I wish they had better color choices before I pull the trigger on one.
    That is Polar ice, test drove one that color, I'm leaning toward Himalayan, maybe Siberian.

akeelj is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2018 G80 Sport
    I live in Los Angeles Area

Yes, that is the Polar Ice in the article. I have the '18 brochure, and the Siberian Ice is more silver with a barely there blue tint to it. Imagine a "light Polar Ice."

- - - Updated - - -

Same boat. I think the Himalayan is the only color that compliments the copper accents but the Polar Ice does have a unique, allure to it. Plus, dealers seem to be sitting on Polar Ice's a lot longer than any of the other colors

I live in Bellevue WA

Quote Originally Posted by akeelj View Post
    Yes, that is the Polar Ice in the article. I have the '18 brochure, and the Siberian Ice is more silver with a barely there blue tint to it. Imagine a "light Polar Ice."

- - - Updated - - -

Same boat. I think the Himalayan is the only color that compliments the copper accents but the Polar Ice does have a unique, allure to it. Plus, dealers seem to be sitting on Polar Ice's a lot longer than any of the other colors
    The colors in the brochure don't look very accurate (to me) compared to seeing cars in person. I thought Black looked really good but didn't want the upkeep.

"Black is not a color, it's a hobby"

Bogey99 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2002 BMW 530i
    I live in San Diego

I prefer blue cars, but the Polar Ice just doesn't do it for me. Haven't seen it in person yet, but from online pics and videos I'm not really enthused about it. Normally I don't like white cars at all, but I think white looks good on the G80 Sport with the contrast of the smoked chrome, black mirrors and dark roof. Wish the G80 Sport had a darker blue option or a true silver, but Siberian Ice seems more like light gray. Decisions, decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey99 View Post
    I prefer blue cars, but the Polar Ice just doesn't do it for me. Haven't seen it in person yet, but from online pics and videos I'm not really enthused about it. Normally I don't like white cars at all, but I think white looks good on the G80 Sport with the contrast of the smoked chrome, black mirrors and dark roof. Wish the G80 Sport had a darker blue option or a true silver, but Siberian Ice seems more like light gray. Decisions, decisions!
    Polar Ice is a unique color. I've seen it at three different times of the day, and it looks either sea green, sky blue, or bluish silver. IMO, it doesn't compliment the sport's copper accents at all but offers a nice contrast to the mirrors and wheels.

I live in Bellevue WA

Any body know the difference between Caspian black and Victoria black?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerak View Post
    Any body know the difference between Caspian black and Victoria black?
    No Caspian in the 2018 brochure. Maybe t was replaced with Victoria

I live in Bellevue WA

Quote Originally Posted by akeelj View Post
    No Caspian in the 2018 brochure. Maybe t was replaced with Victoria
    Dealers in my area have 2018 Caspian G80 Sports. Think Victoria is mid year change. Caspian looks like a pearl (fine metallic) to me.

I live in Bellevue WA

Saw pictures of Victoria black, looks like it has larger/more metallic, need to see in person.

I live in Bellevue WA

I know this is a KIA, but could this be what Genesis is calling Siberian Ice?

GarnetTy1473 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Noblesville, IN

Don't think so. We had a G80 Sport in Siberian Ice get dropped off last week. Color changes depending on the lighting, but it's never appeared to have that much blue in it to me. At first I didn't like it, but it's growing on me.
    John Nance, Parts Manager & G90 owner
    Terry Lee Hyundai/Genesis
    Noblesville, IN

I live in Bellevue WA

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by GarnetTy1473 View Post
    Don't think so. We had a G80 Sport in Siberian Ice get dropped off last week. Color changes depending on the lighting, but it's never appeared to have that much blue in it to me. At first I didn't like it, but it's growing on me.
    Please post some pictures, interested in this color.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast