Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Personal MPG record
    Aquineas is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX
    Cars in my garage

Default Personal MPG record

Members don't see this ad
    Dash computer pegged at 29mpg while driving through New Mexico and Az after a fill-up, and stayed that way for 50ish miles, until I stopped at a rest stop for a bit. Prior to stopping the computer was projecting 550ish miles to a tank. I would have very much liked to get to that magic 500 mile to a tank mark. Sucks that I needed a bio break. After I rested for a bit the computer still projected that I could have almost hit 500 miles on a tank (it would have been like 492 miles), but I didn't want to chance it. I think it was a combination of a tail-wind, smooth roads, extremely light traffic. LKA is on btw which is how I could quickly snap the photo.

Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis

Seejay is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Personal MPG record

Sweet. Kinda gets the moment--the car is so capable of transforming large distances into near nothing.

Ragnar is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    Cars in my garage

80mph and damn near 30 mpg...ain't that just insane!😜

dareckibmw is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL
    Cars in my garage

That's what you get...going downhill

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 Empire State Gray (fastest color ever)
    2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Titanium Gray Metallic (fastest color Rspec) (sold)
    2014 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L AWD (Wife's car)
    1999 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    1998 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aquineas View Post
    Dash computer pegged at 29mpg while driving through New Mexico and Az after a fill-up, and stayed that way for 50ish miles, until I stopped at a rest stop for a bit. Prior to stopping the computer was projecting 550ish miles to a tank. I would have very much liked to get to that magic 500 mile to a tank mark. Sucks that I needed a bio break. After I rested for a bit the computer still projected that I could have almost hit 500 miles on a tank (it would have been like 492 miles), but I didn't want to chance it. I think it was a combination of a tail-wind, smooth roads, extremely light traffic. LKA is on btw which is how I could quickly snap the photo.
    Something must be wrong with my car (or me?) - my best ever tank was 23 mpg on a drive to Houston from Austin, and back. Mostly rural state roads, 70 mph ... This 29 mpg is per the computer, so probably a real 27 mp, but that's still way above my average of 19.3 mpg over 12,000 miles.

Good for you!
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png

Aquineas is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX
    Cars in my garage

Austintx, I get those same crappy MPG numbers between Houston and Austin. Something about a combination of the stops and the (loud) textured pavement, and I suspect the fuel formula in Texas, just kills the mpg on that drive.

I have never seen MPG like this before.
    Last edited by Aquineas; 07-16-2017 at 11:29 AM.

I live in Georgetown, TX
    Cars in my garage

As for the downhill aspect, in that particular photo I am going downhill a bit. Overall though getting from Austin which has an elevation of about 500' to Sedona (which is about 4300') is a net increase. Now granted, the bulk of that increase happens between Austin and El Paso (3200'). But whatever elevation changes between Las Cruces and Sedona balance themselves out because the mileage was taken from somewhere near Las Cruces (3900') and Sedona.

I live in Georgetown, TX
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Well, I inadvertently hit the 500 mile mark on the way home. I was trying to get to like a couple miles left but then the city that I was in sorta ran out and I was out in the boonies. Fortunately, there was enough reserve to get me to a petrol station:

Here's the fill-up after:

So just about 27.30 MPG, and the computer indicated 28mpg, so the computer isn't as far off as we all thought, less than 1 mpg.