Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Replacing Equus Headlights
    jd2787 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 1G Equus
    I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Default Replacing Equus Headlights

Members don't see this ad
    I was wondering if anyone here has tried to replace headlights on their Equus with the stock unit from the South Korean version like these?

https://www.ebay.com/i/151985672743?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Rey is offline Registered Member What I drive: '14 Equus Signature
    I live in Salem, OR
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Replacing Equus Headlights

Members don't see this ad
    JD2787 - I think you will be the "pioneer" if you do this. It is an expensive mod, but may give you enhanced high beams.

My own experience with the OEM high beams: tried Hella 100 watt H7 bulbs - no joy. Light still "yellow" and not much brighter. Probably need a relay to fully energize the 100 watt bulbs. Now using LED H7 bulbs, which are a good conversion in my opinion. More light and much whiter.

Before you buy these Korean bulbs do check the plug outlet on your current oem bulbs to confirm it is exactly the same as the Korean model. If so, then it should be a "drop in".