Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Page load times
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Page load times

pops is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 5.0 G90 Ultimate
    I live in OH

Default Page load times

Members don't see this ad
    Is anyone noticing long page load times of late? It seems for the last couple of weeks on a couple different computers the forum is taking a long time to load.
    Clay

Mcc is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

Default Re: Page load times

I lost an entire post yesterday when the page spontaneously reloaded when I hit post.

Yup - CRAZY LONG load times!!!!

This makes the site virtually unusable. For example, when I clcked on this thread, it took 13 seconds for this page to load. I see this behaviour on all devices as well: Work PC, Home PC, iPhone 6s, and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and Galaxy Tab S3 - so it isn't the operating system or hardware.

Edit - Definitely BIG problems here. I had a typo in my post and I hit edit to fix it - it took over 30 seconds to pop up with the screen thet I could edit my post in!

I'll check back in a week to see it is it fixed. Otherwise, the site is pretty useless at present unless you enjoy waiting for insanely long page loads.
    Current: 2016 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: June 15, 2015
    Previous: 2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: May 07, 2014

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA

No problems noted. By the way, I always use the DESKTOP view, even on my iPhone. The mobile App stinks. So do most mobile Apps of any website.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

Mcc is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

I am using the mobile version version on my phone with no problems loading pages or editing posts right now.
    I agree that the mobile version is inferior with no way to mark all forums as read like you can do with the desktop. How do you get the desktop version from your phone? I have to request the desktop, it the gives me a blank page, I hit back page, and finally click on new posts. That is a drag. Do you have a better way?

MozartMan is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Motown/HockeyTown

Quote Originally Posted by Nikgen View Post
    Yup - CRAZY LONG load times!!!!

This makes the site virtually unusable. For example, when I clcked on this thread, it took 13 seconds for this page to load. I see this behaviour on all devices as well: Work PC, Home PC, iPhone 6s, and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and Galaxy Tab S3 - so it isn't the operating system or hardware.

Edit - Definitely BIG problems here. I had a typo in my post and I hit edit to fix it - it took over 30 seconds to pop up with the screen thet I could edit my post in!

I'll check back in a week to see it is it fixed. Otherwise, the site is pretty useless at present unless you enjoy waiting for insanely long page loads.
    Yes, long load times.

This is because of advertisers that inject their HTML and JavaScript code in the forum pages.
    2011 Genesis 4.6 V8. Tech Package. White Satin Pearl. Wings badges - hood/trunk/wheels caps/steering wheel.

as400guy is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Austin, TX

Page load times are a problem, but to me the biggest problem is screen re-positioning.

Just as the screen is positioned to the post you want, it jerks up or down. Then when you up or down arrow it to where you want, it repositions again. Drives me NUTTY. The only reason for this is a poor tool retrieving poorly-directed ads.

Please fix your forum tool!
    2017 Genesis G80
    Austin, TX

Genesis Motors is online now Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida

Okay, I'm going to make some changes and hopefully they'll help. For anyone who's noticed slow page load times lately - would you please clear your genesisowners.com cache and cookies, restart your browser and log back in to let me know if it's any different? Let's start there.

Thank you! And I apologize for the trouble...

It's certainly possible that it could be an ad or ads. For me, I browse using the guest version with every single ad in display. For me, the pages load quickly. But I'm probably not seeing the same ads as you. We all see different ads. So it could be that one of the ads running on the network has an issue which is causing problems. For anyone who clearing cache and cookies doesn't work for, maybe we can pin point which ad or ads - and remove them...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.

I live in OH

Cleared cookies and cache for this site. No change in load times. took 26 seconds to fully load. Did same on other computer with same result. Hope there is a cure for the problem.

Adding some levity...... No pressure but the Cadillac CT6 forum loads lightning fast.

Genesis Motors is online now Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    Cleared cookies and cache for this site. No change in load times. took 26 seconds to fully load. Did same on other computer with same result. Hope there is a cure for the problem.

Adding some levity...... No pressure but the Cadillac CT6 forum loads lightning fast.
    Hey, can you send me a link to that CT6 forum? In the meantime, you did restart your browser - right? Try logging out and logging back in again. I just made another change that could help.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Mcc View Post
    I am using the mobile version version on my phone with no problems loading pages or editing posts right now.
    I agree that the mobile version is inferior with no way to mark all forums as read like you can do with the desktop. How do you get the desktop version from your phone? I have to request the desktop, it the gives me a blank page, I hit back page, and finally click on new posts. That is a drag. Do you have a better way?
    Open the mobile App. Pull the page down with your finger.

Hold down the refresh button at the right top of the page until the "Request Desktop Site" button appears.

Press the "Request Desktop Site" button. Next press the underlined "Genesis Forums" text. The Desktop view will open.

I live in OH

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Motors View Post
    Hey, can you send me a link to that CT6 forum? In the meantime, you did restart your browser - right? Try logging out and logging back in again. I just made another change that could help.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...lac-ct6-forum/

Load times greatly improved! Thanks.

DubbuD is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in St. John's, Newfoundland - Canada

Whatever you did seems to have worked for the main pages (home pages, forum selections, etc.), but as I'm typing this the page is still loading, and it took about 7 seconds to be able to see anything. Page just fully loaded. It's a minor annoyance really, but it's like it on everything from my crappy work computer with 4 GB of RAM and a first gen i5 to my $2500 Gaming PC at home; running dual X-Fire Radeon RX480s, and OC'd i5 6600k with 16 GB of DDR4 RAM. So it would seem computer specs have little to do with page load times, hahaha.

Granted, it is a couple seconds faster on the gaming rig (as is literally everything, hahaha)
    2015 Genesis 3.8 H-Trac AWD
    Tech Package
    Parisian Grey
    18% Tint All Around

wayles is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana

Whatever you did seems to have really helped. Page load times are MUCH faster today.

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...lac-ct6-forum/

Load times greatly improved! Thanks.
    Thank you for the link! And thank you for letting me know that what I did fixed things. Now I know what I need to do so if anyone is having page load issues, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by DubbuD View Post
    Whatever you did seems to have worked for the main pages (home pages, forum selections, etc.), but as I'm typing this the page is still loading, and it took about 7 seconds to be able to see anything. Page just fully loaded. It's a minor annoyance really, but it's like it on everything from my crappy work computer with 4 GB of RAM and a first gen i5 to my $2500 Gaming PC at home; running dual X-Fire Radeon RX480s, and OC'd i5 6600k with 16 GB of DDR4 RAM. So it would seem computer specs have little to do with page load times, hahaha.

Granted, it is a couple seconds faster on the gaming rig (as is literally everything, hahaha)
    Okay, good to know. Thank you. I'm glad to see at least some of the change has helped. Can you give clearing your genesisowners.com cache and cookies a shot? Restart your browser and log back in. That should further help to see an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    Whatever you did seems to have really helped. Page load times are MUCH faster today.
    Thank you! I'm glad to hear this. As the site grows, the database gets fuller and fuller, with good stuff and some garbage that occasionally needs to be cleaned up.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast