Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Page load times
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Page load times

Genesis Motors is online now Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Page load times

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    Sal, forgive me but I was being unfaithful and was hanging out at the Cadillac forum when I took the photo of the move to here. The photo of the lower left portion of the screen was from Google.

I have been googling the b'jesus about automobiles of late. But I have also removed cookies and cache from this site on more than one occasion. Today initial page load time was back down to about 17 seconds. Not at all good, but quite a bit better than a day or two ago 40 something.

I'm not seeing any ads since contributing, Would they still load in the background?
    Don't worry, I'm an Admin over there.

Okay, so what I'm looking to see is what section of the page is being held up. Can you take a screenshot of the page while it's loading but scroll down to the farthest it loads before it hangs?

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Mcc is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles
    Cars in my garage

I typically get 5 to 10 sec load times on my phone. This morning I started to have much longer loads. It looks from the attached picture that the problem might be in your internet connection or ISP and not the server configuration at all. Seems to be back to normal now.

IMG_4807.jpg

MozartMan is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Motown/HockeyTown
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    ... I mainly use blocks ads by setting the "hosts" file to point most known ad sites to ip address of zeros.

But I do hear farting sounds on every page, since the forum software can see that my computer cannot load ads. What's up with that? I
    I also use HOSTS file. And that farting comes from madisonross.com. You need to add to your HOSTS file this line:

0.0.0.0 madisonross.com

Here is the script from the HTML code:

Code:
    <script> 

// Run after all the page elements have loaded
      window.onload = function(){ 

// This will take care of asynchronous Google ads
        setTimeout(function() { 

// We are targeting the first banner ad of AdSense
          var ad = document.querySelector("ins.adsbygoogle");

// If the ad contains no innerHTML, ad blockers are at work
          if (ad && ad.innerHTML.replace(/\s/g, "").length == 0) {

// Since ad blocks hide ads using CSS too
            ad.style.cssText = 'display:block !important'; 

// You can put any text, image or even IFRAME tags here
            ad.innerHTML = '<iframe src="https://madisonross.com/adblock.html" width="100%" height="220" frameBorder="0" name="adblock"></iframe>';

}

}, 1); // The ad blocker check is performed 2 seconds after the page load 
      }; 

</script>
    This is what I get instead of farting and that huge red box (see attachment)

- - - Updated - - -

At home I don't have delays, but at work it is PITA to browse the forum. I used network console in developer tools in Firefox and I think I know who the offender is. I think it is call to Google JavaScript. It is called two times while page is loading, and those two times network console pauses.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Genesis 4.6 V8. Tech Package. White Satin Pearl. Wings badges - hood/trunk/wheels caps/steering wheel.

Genesis Motors is online now Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post

At home I don't have delays, but at work it is PITA to browse the forum. I used network console in developer tools in Firefox and I think I know who the offender is. I think it is call to Google JavaScript. It is called two times while page is loading, and those two times network console pauses.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>
    Thank you. I just removed Google Translate functionality out of the forum. Did that make a big difference? Let me know...
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234