Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Performance bolt on headers group buy
    iodprod is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 5.0 R-spec
    I live in NY
    Cars in my garage

Cool Performance bolt on headers group buy

Members don't see this ad
    hey guys
    i bought a 2012 5.0 R-spec sedan 3 weeks ago and after driving it silently for weeks, went to my header shop to see what they could do about the silence.

this is a high end all american company, which is used by multiple OEM performance companies for their race exhausts.
    i wont say the name of the company yet, as per request of the owner. but the VIPER ACR program uses their headers from the factory.

they are located on long island and all work and development will be in house and the work ive seen and had done here has been outstanding.

the owner saw my new car and was very excited, he has been interested in building a high performance header for the TAU for a while now, and this is his chance.

we need to get interest and pre-orders and i'll give up my car to him for a month to develop and manufacture the headers.

again this is a feeler post please let me know how many of you guys want bolt on performance headers and possibly a full engine back exhaust made for the car.

- - - Updated - - -

2014-Chevy-SS.jpg

this is one of their existing ACTUAL products that i am trying to get them to develop for us. []-)

Rey is offline Registered Member What I drive: '14 Equus Signature
    I live in Salem, OR
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Performance bolt on headers group buy

I think this is a great idea. Note the position of the cats in the drawing is about the same place as the oem secondary cats. My guess is that the mfg would spend about $2500-3000 in labor materials for the "master set". I get interested at a retail price of $1200 or less. My sense is that the mfg will have to make and sell at least 25 sets to be worth his while. Genesis market is very small - low production numbers and few of those owners monitor this forum.

Cars in my garage

I have a 4.6 so I'm not sure if the manifolds are the same or not, but I'd be very interested in a set.

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    Genesis market is very small - low production numbers and few of those owners monitor this forum.
    My sentiments exactly and the reason that there is very little for mods, aftermarket parts, accessories or technical support.
    In my Genesis garage: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

I live in NY
    Cars in my garage

thats true, but the SS has similar numbers built and they are selling a full exhaust for it.
    it might take a little while but if we can get a bunch of people to go in on the buy we can get these made.
    @rey those numbers you said sounded about right from the group buys ive done with my previous cars.

84FordMan is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in NC
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flarfignewton View Post
    I have a 4.6 so I'm not sure if the manifolds are the same or not, but I'd be very interested in a set.
    4.6 and 5.0 share the same exhaust manifolds up to 2013/2014 when Hyundai began re-designing them, going from a log manifold to 4-in-to-1 to a 4-in-to-2-in-to-1 as it presently is. Unconfirmed fitment, but mounting points and exit points/angles are identical so the chances of a 2016 5.0 exhaust manifold fitting a 2009 4.6 are good.

To the OP, I would be very interested. I had considered going to Kooks Headers at some point, they are a few hours away, for a custom set, but if we have someone willing to manufacture, that is even better.

Also if the cats get relocated, as I imagine they will, I have part numbers of oxygen sensors with 14" longer wiring than OE for a plug-n-play setup. The Tau uses the same oxygen sensor in all four spots.
    -- 2010 3.8 Coupe Auto Bathurst Black -- (Gone)
    - Flowmaster 80-series/R2C/Sedan calipers/RMR grille
    - Top Speed headers/Megan mid-pipe/Nexus7 in dash

-- 2011 4.6 Sedan Tech/Prem Platinum Metallic --
    - Custom SRI
    - MSA X-pipe
    - Depo Racing test pipes
    - Coupe Brembo swap
    - BTR Tuned

Rey is offline Registered Member What I drive: '14 Equus Signature
    I live in Salem, OR
    Cars in my garage

4-2-1 exhaust manifolds and/or headers (aks "Tri-Y") produce more mid-range power than the typical long-tube headers. Long tube headers have an advantage at top of rpm scale.

Turboba6 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Hyundai Equus Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

If this would fit the Equus as well, I'd Certainly be Interested. The 5.0 TAU Engine is a Great Motor, however as was noted above, it is Almost Impossible to get Any Performance mods
    for this car, it's a Real Shame, as my 4300Lb Equus went [email protected]....

Cars in my garage

84FordMan, that's great news to hear! More of a market for a single product, hopefully keeping costs lower than if two different headers had to be produced. Hope to hear good news in the near future on these.

I live in NY
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    84fordman I'll get that info over to the manufacturer that will get the process to move along faster and the 4.6 guys can get in on this too then