Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Wheels and Tires for 2015 5.0
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    sensazngen's Avatar
    sensazngen is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Kansas
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Wheels and Tires for 2015 5.0

    Members don't see this ad
    Hey all. I've been shopping for some new wheels and tires and have a few questions for those that have gotten new wheels. I have a few potential sets that I found on FB Marketplace that would like some advise if they will fit.
    The first set is a square set up up 20"x10" with a 25mm offset with 245/35/20 tires. I know some of you are already running 20"x10" in the rear without any problems but I'm curious if the 20"x10" will fit in the front.
    The second set is 19x9 offset 47 for the front, 19x10 offset 30. Although staggered it is 235/35/19 all around.

    Thank you all in advance for your input and sharing your experience.
    Current Rides
    2015 Genesis 5.0
    2016 Mini Cooper Countryman S ALL4

    Favorite rides owned
    2015 Honda Accord Coupe HFP, 2009 BMW 335i Convertible, 2009 Acura TL, 2004 Acura TL, 2010 Infiniti G37s Coupe, 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible, 2009 BMW 128I Convertible, 2007 Lexus IS250 F Sport, 2007 Mercedes C280 4matic, 1986 BMW 325is, 2000 Lexus GS300, 2000 Nissan Maxima 20th Anniversary, 1996 Nissan 240sx


  2. #2
    tmf2004's Avatar
    tmf2004 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in FL, treasure coast
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    368
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Wheels and Tires for 2015 5.0

    Nice to see some lexus's as your favorite car...
    Current Rides:
    2015 Genesis 5.0, Parisian Gray/black, window tint 30F/15R, trunk wing badge, suntek clear protection, mud guards, plasti dipped emblems/exhaust tips.

    1999 Lexus GS 400, 86k miles, to many mods

  3. #3
    dareckibmw's Avatar
    dareckibmw is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,496
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Wheels and Tires for 2015 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by sensazngen View Post
    Hey all. I've been shopping for some new wheels and tires and have a few questions for those that have gotten new wheels. I have a few potential sets that I found on FB Marketplace that would like some advise if they will fit.
    The first set is a square set up up 20"x10" with a 25mm offset with 245/35/20 tires. I know some of you are already running 20"x10" in the rear without any problems but I'm curious if the 20"x10" will fit in the front.
    The second set is 19x9 offset 47 for the front, 19x10 offset 30. Although staggered it is 235/35/19 all around.

    Thank you all in advance for your input and sharing your experience.
    THe first set..... offset seems to be a little low, which means wheels will poke more - front about 34.1mm (you might got away with it) and the rear 36.7mm probably, they will poke. Some people like it and some don't...I know, I don't like it, lol

    See screenshots below.

    The tires are way to narrow for those rims, though. I don't like the stretch either.

    front rear

    As for the second set ...... the front look pretty good, but the rear 19x10 offset 30 might be a little bit to poke. Tires 235/35/19 on 10'' width rims? NO!

    2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 Empire State Gray (fastest color ever)
    2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Titanium Gray Metallic (fastest color Rspec) (sold)
    2014 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L AWD (Wife's car)
    1999 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    1998 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

  4. #4
    sensazngen's Avatar
    sensazngen is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Kansas
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Wheels and Tires for 2015 5.0

    Thanks. I always appreciate your detailed feedback. Can i ask what your wheel set up is? Offset, size, and width?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tmf2004 View Post
    Nice to see some lexus's as your favorite car...
    Of course. I see you own one of my favorite cars period. 1999 GS400. I bought a a 2000 GS 300 last year as a daily driver to keep my miles down on my Genesis and I loved that thing.

  5. Default Re: Wheels and Tires for 2015 5.0

    I was wondering if the G90 wheels would fit the G 80 Sedan?

  6. #6
    dareckibmw's Avatar
    dareckibmw is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,496
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Wheels and Tires for 2015 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by sensazngen View Post
    Thanks. I always appreciate your detailed feedback. Can i ask what your wheel set up is? Offset, size, and width?

    - - - Updated - - -
    The wheels are VELGEN VMB5 Matte Gunmetal in 209″ et35 front and 2010.5″ et45. Tires are NITTO555 255/35/20 and 285/30/20

    Car is lowered on ARK GT-F springs, about inch on all corners. No rubbing at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I was wondering if the G90 wheels would fit the G 80 Sedan?
    They should fit in.....both cars comes with a staggered setup, front 19x8.5 and rear 19x9.5 I'm not sure about offset, but it might be the same for both.

  7. #7
    1FstYota is online now Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 AWD Ulimate
    I live in WA
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Wheels and Tires for 2015 5.0

    Is it me but it seems there are hardly any wheels that looks good on this car. Or at least I have yet to find something that is not outrageously priced.
    Daily - 3.8 V6 Genesis Sedan with minor cosmetic mods
    Fun car - 94 Supra Turbo (Lagzilla) Too much mods and custom stuff to list.

  8. #8
    sensazngen's Avatar
    sensazngen is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Kansas
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Wheels and Tires for 2015 5.0

    Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by dareckibmw View Post
    The wheels are VELGEN VMB5 Matte Gunmetal in 209″ et35 front and 2010.5″ et45. Tires are NITTO555 255/35/20 and 285/30/20

    Car is lowered on ARK GT-F springs, about inch on all corners. No rubbing at all.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They should fit in.....both cars comes with a staggered setup, front 19x8.5 and rear 19x9.5 I'm not sure about offset, but it might be the same for both.
    Thanks again for the info. Those wheels look great.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
MADISON ROSS MEDIA GROUP MARKETPLACE
Need products for your Hyundai Genesis? Check out these options below:


 

Check out what the competition is up to. The Kia Stinger is a large sport-oriented hatchback in the mold of the Audi A7.