Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Gauge cluster lens replacement
    Scooby24 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Olathe, KS

Default Gauge cluster lens replacement

Members don't see this ad
    Hey all, my gauge cluster lens has some light scratches visible in the right(wrong?) lighting so I purchased a replacement lens for a whopping 20 dollars. However, in looking at how to get to the cluster, the whole top of the dash looks like it has to be removed. Has anyone done this and have any insights on how this might be accomplished?

parisgrey is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: Gauge cluster lens replacement

Look up at the gauge cluster and look for screw holes. I don't have accesss to the service manual where I'm at this week, I can look next week.

My car's lens is pretty scratched up too, where did you get the part?

I live in Olathe, KS

I purchased the part from my local dealership parts department.

Part number is 94360-B1000

I looked and there are no screw holes visible and the surround fits in behind the top portion of the dash so i'm not seeing a physical way to remove it without having the whole top come off. If you can look and figure it out that would be great! The last thing I want to do is yank on the wrong thing and break it.

I live in Olathe, KS

I received the service manual and looked it up and it looks easier than thought. Remove bottom plastic, remove top cover and it will come out. I'll let you all know if it's that simple

I live in Olathe, KS

Completed the replacement, the instructions above are accurate.

Tips:
    You need to pull TOWARDS you, not up.
    Plastic trim removal tools REQUIRED. I'm not joking when I say you will NOT get your fingers in the gaps...these trim pieces are in TIGHT.
    For the bottom trim, pull passenger side first. If you push UP on it a bit you can get enough of a gap to get angled trim tool in the bottom, then pull towards you to release. Driver's side has less flexibility so get trim tool in the top back and pry towards you.
    Top piece is a bear. I had to use 3 trim tools on the driver's front corner. Get all three in by shoving the tool around the outside. The dash will flex enough to shove it in. One on corner, one on top corner, one on bottom corner. Just worked each until I heard it start to pop. The whole thing then popped off.
    Unscrew the 4 screws holding the cluster (2 top, 2 bottom) to get it loose so you can pop the clips for the lens to pull off and replace.

Recommend you wear clean nitrile gloves when working with the lens so you install directly without having to clean front or backside and potentially introduce new scratches or streaks.

Looks fantastic now.

parisgrey is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    worked great here as well. One note, watch the sides of the black trim surrounding the cluster, it can scratch the dash padding around the opening.