Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Parking Sensors not working
    vaadoo is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Parking Sensors not working

Members don't see this ad
    Hello Tech gurus

Thanks in advance for your help.

My 2009 Genesis Sedan has fair bit of electronics issues.

Besides, proximity sensor on driver side door handle not working, driver seat heat not working, I have run into new issue.

A few weeks back, one of the rear parking sensors wasn't working and was giving me triple beeps when starting ignition. I never replaced that faulty sensor. Then the reverse camera went kaput. I have since replaced the camera and now, the parking sensors (all of them) are not working. Yes, the Parking sensor button is activated (and not accidentally deactivated).
    When the ignition is turned on, I get several parallel lines around the car outline in the dash. they disappear after a second or two, but the parking sensors don't work/beep anymore. I have a friend who hooked up a scanner and found B1321 code which corresponds to AFLS, Front & Back parking systems and one other thing (sorry short memory), but there was no reset. There was no indication of CEL.
    What can I do get the parking sensors working again? Is there an ECM or module reset? Would replacement of back up camera have anything to do with it?
    I have also tried disconnecting the batter terminal for few minutes, but no avail.

Thanks once again for your tips. Car is out of warranty. Dealership repair would be a long shot.

Rey is online now Registered Member What I drive: '14 Equus Signature
    I live in Salem, OR

Default Re: Parking Sensors not working

I am having a somewhat similar problem with a 14 Equus, also out of warranty. My problem came with a parking lot accident which took out a rear sensor. New sensor did not cure the problem. Car is currently in shop and dealer says I now need three new FRONT sensors. Will discuss.
    Sensors cost $119 each, but you can get a 30% discount from Delray Hyundai in FL. I did check fuses - o.k. and there was no trauma to the front of the car. Wonder if the "body control module" ($500 aprox) is at fault?

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA

Default Re: Parking Sensors not working

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by vaadoo View Post
    Hello Tech gurus

Thanks in advance for your help.

My 2009 Genesis Sedan has fair bit of electronics issues.

Besides, proximity sensor on driver side door handle not working, driver seat heat not working, I have run into new issue.

A few weeks back, one of the rear parking sensors wasn't working and was giving me triple beeps when starting ignition. I never replaced that faulty sensor. Then the reverse camera went kaput. I have since replaced the camera and now, the parking sensors (all of them) are not working. Yes, the Parking sensor button is activated (and not accidentally deactivated).
    When the ignition is turned on, I get several parallel lines around the car outline in the dash. they disappear after a second or two, but the parking sensors don't work/beep anymore. I have a friend who hooked up a scanner and found B1321 code which corresponds to AFLS, Front & Back parking systems and one other thing (sorry short memory), but there was no reset. There was no indication of CEL.
    What can I do get the parking sensors working again? Is there an ECM or module reset? Would replacement of back up camera have anything to do with it?
    I have also tried disconnecting the batter terminal for few minutes, but no avail.

Thanks once again for your tips. Car is out of warranty. Dealership repair would be a long shot.
    I have not had any issues with my sensors but suspect it could even be a connection issue. Also sent you a PM.