Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G90 on Long Road Trip
    MGen90 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90

Default G90 on Long Road Trip

Members don't see this ad
    This is my first post on the G90 Forum. I recently completed a 5,600 mile road trip covering 21 states and prefectures between northern Quebec and Texas. With the Lexus LS that I have previously used for such trips I was always confident of its reliability. With my new Genesis G90 (3.3TT) with only 1,700 miles on it at the start I had some trepidation about such a long trip in a new, unproven car. Iím pleased to report that there were NO problems with the G90. It was a dream to drive. I was especially pleased with the adaptive cruise control which I used whenever possible. Some features, such as self-closing doors and smart trunk, which I thought might be of little use turned out to be real assets especially when loading the car after numerous overnight stays. The gas mileage was 26 MPG for the overall trip that included U.S. Interstate highways, two-lane U.S. and Canadian national highways, back roads, and considerable city driving, e.g., in Minneapolis and Manhattan. Prior to the trip I studied the rather less-than-comprehensive navigation system manual. Yet it was on the trip, when I used it extensively, that I learned how to take advantage of the navigation systemís features. If you have been watching this site as I did when considering a G90 then rest assured that based on this personís experience it is reliable, comfortable and surprisingly fun-to-drive vehicle.

leggy is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal

Default Re: G90 on Long Road Trip

Glad you enjoyed your trip. G90 is a fine car and great cruiser.
    If I may ask, what model year LS you had and how does it compare to the G90?

john-2307 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Looking at G90 and G80
    I live in Florida

This is very encouraging. If I may add to leggy's questions the following details:

1. how is the interior noise compared to the LS
    2. is the ride plusher or similar to the LS
    3. which car feels bigger to drive LS or G90?
    4. did you look at the G80 before buying the G90? I am looking at both cars, really like the upgrades on the G90 but not sure if the G80 would be almost as quiet and comfortable and easier to drive

Thanks!

MGen90 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90

Members don't see this ad
    1. G90 is quieter
    2. G90's ride is plusher
    3. G90 feels larger
    4. Yes, we looked at the G80 first, but the G90 interior caught our eye. Actually the G80 V6 seemed to accelerate faster from a stop, but that may be a matter of torque or gear ratios. The G90 interior is truly beautiful. I was concerned at first that the G90 might be too large for turning, parking, etc., but with experience that turns out to be not a big problem for us. We have really grown to appreciate some of the G90 extras such as automatic door closing, opening the locked doors by simply pulling on the handle, and especially the 360 degree camera when parking.