Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2016 steering wheel vibration.
    Seabeejack is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Connecticut

Default 2016 steering wheel vibration.

Members don't see this ad
    New here, my first post. My 2016 Genesis has steering wheel vibration even after a Road Force Balance, Four wheel alignment and tire rotation. It is only at highway speeds, 60 mph and above. Dealer can't find anything wrong and tells me this is normal! Please help.
    Thanks,
    SeabeeJack

celltech is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Dallas, TX

Default Re: 2016 steering wheel vibration.

My '15 had a vibration at freeway speeds that was a very high speed buzzing. It went away when I loaded it up in a corner. I had the dealership take a look and they rebalanced the tires, and while it was better, it didn't quite go away. I then got a non-reparable flat and switched out the Conti's for Michelins. And the vibration was still there! I had my shop balance it yet again and lo and behold it was gone. For some reason I think these cars are really sensitive to the wheel weights. Take it to a real tire shop and have them balance it...

trespinosranch is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Gilroy, CA

Default Re: 2016 steering wheel vibration.

Members don't see this ad
    When I purchased mine new in March '16, I had several problems. One being the vibration. The dealer couldn't resolve the issue and I took the car to an independent shop and they determined two of the tires were out of round. Michelin agreed to give me a credit and I paid for two new Michelin tires and two were free. The issue improved considerably, but I still sense some slight vibration at freeway speed. In fact I can see the edge of the hood (closest to the driver) vibrating.
    2016 Genesis 3.8 AWD Ultimate
    2018 Mercedes GLC 300 AWD
    Retired: '16 Acura RDX AWD, '15 MBZ C300 AWD Luxury/Airmatic, '14 Lexus RX350 AWD, '13 Jaguar XF, '13 Toy Avalon