Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G80 Valet Service
    Sugrat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in SoCal

Default G80 Valet Service

Members don't see this ad
    Has anyone used this yet? How did you like it? Did you ask for a loaner? And if so, what loaner did you receive?

Ask because on my 2015 model, the dealer would always give me a loaner when I dropped the car off but it would be some old model Toyota and not a) Hyundai or Genesis brand or b) a premium vehicle.

Just want to hear your thoughts on what you have experienced with the G80.

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: G80 Valet Service

The 2009-2016 Hyundai Genesis did not have concierge service. Dealers were not required to provide any loaners, and if they did it was on their dime (not HMA), except in very unusual warranty circumstances.

The G80 is a Genesis Motors Vehicle, that has concierge service included. This usually involves picking up your car and returning it to your home. If they have a Genesis loaner available (and you need one) they will provide it, but it is impossible to always guarantee that enough G80's or G90's are available as loaners.

Once Genesis Motors vehicles are only sold by separate Genesis Motors dealers, separate from Hyundai, then they will be more likely to have Genesis loaners. This is supposed to take place in the next few years.

onailrof is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 Genesis G80 V6 AWD

I've used the valet service for my G80 once. In my experience, the service centers/dealers were not well versed on the service. While it's easier for me to have my car picked up and dropped off, it was too much of a pain for me to set up, so I use half the service. Now I bring my car in first thing in the morning and get a loaner (usually a G80). I use the valet service to bring my car to me in the PM and then they pick up the loaner. I try to schedule this a few days before and they've had a G80 available on my appointment day. The only time I didn't get a G80 was when I had to change my appointment time the day before. I still got a Hyundai to drive.

As Mark_888 said, this service started with the 2017 G80s and the dealers don't have to honor it for previous car years/models.

I live in SoCal

Thank you for the replies. I understand what you are both saying about the previous editions but I was just saying that it was a "addon" from my dealer, like you buy a genesis from me and when you need service we can give you a loaner...

But I'm more interested in the G80 service as mine is nearly due so I wanted to know how good/bad it was. I work a distance from the dealer so it going to interesting to see what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugrat View Post
    I work a distance from the dealer so it going to interesting to see what they do.
    You don't have to use the same dealer for warranty (or non-warranty) service as where you purchased a Genesis Motors vehicle in order to get the concierge service. If there is another Genesis Motors dealer that is closer, that might be best for everyone involved.

Obviously, this does not apply to dealer provided loaners on a Hyundai Genesis, where loaners, etc are completely up to the dealer involved. The only exception has been the 2011-2016 Hyundai Equus, which has had concierge services guaranteed by Hyundai Motor America even before the Equus became the Genesis Motors G90.

I live in SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    You don't have to use the same dealer for warranty (or non-warranty) service as where you purchased a Genesis Motors vehicle in order to get the concierge service. If there is another Genesis Motors dealer that is closer, that might be best for everyone involved.

Obviously, this does not apply to dealer provided loaners on a Hyundai Genesis, where loaners, etc are completely up to the dealer involved. The only exception has been the 2011-2016 Hyundai Equus, which has had concierge services guaranteed by Hyundai Motor America even before the Equus became the Genesis Motors G90.
    Thank you Mark, I didn't know that.

frankmcr is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G80 AWD Sport 3.3T V6 Sedan
    I live in Texas

The Valet service works just fine for me. I have a G80 sport and the stitching on the steering wheel was coming loose. The dealer ordered a new wheel and offer to come to my house to pick up my car and give me a loaner. I told them I could just bring my car in and pick up a loaner. The loaner was a G80 5.0. I made arrangements to have my windows tinted the same day they replaced the steering wheel. The tinting business was not part of the dealership, but was just a couple of blocks from the dealership. It turned out they could not complete the tinting by the end of the day. The dealership told me to just keep the loaner until the tinting was completed the next day. Could not have asked for better service from the dealership.

I live in SoCal

So just to give you a heads up, I did have one issue when I asked for the "valet" service, I asked them if they could pick up from my work instead because they could only do 9.30, after giving them my work address I was told that was too far out of the "range". So I called Genesis Care and asked what the range was and I worked with a lovely lady called "Tina", who told me that it usually has to be within one hour driving, so after I explained to her that my work was only 30 minutes away from the dealership she was surprised (the funniest part is that my home is 23 miles from the dealership).

She called them on my behalf and then called back saying seeing that I've been a loyal customer that they will do this for me.... really??? but she did point out that was mentioned from another user here, you don't have to take it to your dealer for the work.

Anyways, Car was picked up, loaner 2015 3.8 Genesis was left and my schedule was done plus they fixed my sunroof and low headlight issues so it all worked out in the end.

Nikgen is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Not a Genesis - 2 G2's with noisy sunroofs was enough for me...

Anyways, Car was picked up, loaner 2015 3.8 Genesis was left and my schedule was done plus they fixed my sunroof and low headlight issues so it all worked out in the end.
    What was the issue with your sunroof? I'm done with Hyundai/Genesis due to sunroof rattle issues for which there appears to be no real, permanent fix...
    Last edited by Nikgen; 10-12-2017 at 11:27 PM.

I live in SoCal

Nikgen, It would rattle when every I would go over any bumpy surface when it was open, according to the notes, they checked the screws etc. and re-lubed the seals and it's been fine since.

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida

Nikgen, It would rattle when every I would go over any bumpy surface when it was open, according to the notes, they checked the screws etc. and re-lubed the seals and it's been fine since.
    That's good to know. I'm glad that issue was fixed for you!

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.

EdP is offline Sustaining Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

My dealer told me they would drop off a Genesis as a loaner. I'll find out when the time comes. I'm also 50 miles away so that ties up the driver for four hours. to make two trips. I may just take it myself as I'm retired and can take the time.

ManiacMutt is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80

My dealer picked up my 2017 G80 at 11am yesterday, dropped off a new G80 for my use; performed a 7500mi severe service, a multimedia & navigation update, a detailed cleanup etc, and returned my car the same day - all at no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by EdP View Post
    My dealer told me they would drop off a Genesis as a loaner. I'll find out when the time comes. I'm also 50 miles away so that ties up the driver for four hours. to make two trips. I may just take it myself as I'm retired and can take the time.
    Pick a loaner while you are at the dealer and drive around for a few hours doing other stuff.

Nikgen is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Not a Genesis - 2 G2's with noisy sunroofs was enough for me...

Members don't see this ad
    Based on my experience with a 2015 (replaced) and a 2016 (lemon lawed), I donít believe there is a real fix. Iíve moved on (and up) - I pick up my 2018 Audi S5 Sportback on Saturday. Good luck, though.