Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Throttle Sticking?
    JerryB52 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2013 3.8L Sedan
    I live in Ormond Beach, Florida

Question Throttle Sticking?

Members don't see this ad
    Just today, I was coming to a stop light in traffic and when I tried to apply the brake, it (the Brake) seemed very stiff and the engine did not throttle down! I immediately threw it in N so that I wouldn't hit the car in front of me. Then it throttled down.
    Anyone else have this happen? It did it again before I got home at a stop sign.
    2 or 3 weeks ago this happened just once and I thought I may have accidently knocked the shifter into the sport shift mode. Now I know it's something else.
    TPS sensor???

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: Throttle Sticking?

I think you need to take it to a dealer and see if they can replicate it. I know that dealer repairs are not cheap (if your warranty has run out), but that is a serious safety issue.

I agree. If I wouldn't have thrown it in N right away, I would have caused an accident.
    I called the dealer and they will take it in tomorrow morning. In the mean-time it is going to stay in the driveway.

I hope they can figure it out and hope it won't be too costly (I'm retired, fixed income).
    This dealership has been good to me so not to worry...

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA

I'd be suspect of the throttle position sensor. Have you had any CEL's? This may deserve a call to your dealer for an initial consultation.

Took my Genesis to the dealership yesterday and dropped it off my.
    They called me a few hours later and said after two different test drives, they could not get it to duplicate the problem.
    Scanned for codes, none found, inspect brakes, front at 5mm and rear at 6mm. Ok
    It cost me $81.96.

To me, it's almost like there's air in the brake lines... Maybe this weekend I'll bleed them.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryB52 View Post
    To me, it's almost like there's air in the brake lines... Maybe this weekend I'll bleed them.
    I am not sure that is a DIY job on the Genesis. I believe dealers use a computer hooked up the HECU to do that.