Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Primacy 3 vs Primacy MXM4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1FstYota is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 AWD Ulimate
    I live in WA

Default Re: Primacy 3 vs Primacy MXM4

Members don't see this ad
    After reading some reviews I was gonna go with DWS06 but I thing AS3+ will be my next set of tires.
    Daily - 3.8 V6 Genesis Sedan with minor cosmetic mods
    Fun car - 94 Supra Turbo (Lagzilla) Too much mods and custom stuff to list.

Robfmhs is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Thank you Glenn, I drive a minimum of 150 miles/day. Live in North Texas, prefer a plush ride but do enjoy recognizing that speed limits indicate the low end of the spectrum. Roads are decent with mostly highway. Seriously, thanks again for all of the guidance. Tried the Pirelli P7's, and Michelin A/S on my 2015 genesis previously and hated them.

glennk is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Robfmhs View Post
    Thank you Glenn, I drive a minimum of 150 miles/day. Live in North Texas, prefer a plush ride but do enjoy recognizing that speed limits indicate the low end of the spectrum. Roads are decent with mostly highway. Seriously, thanks again for all of the guidance. Tried the Pirelli P7's, and Michelin A/S on my 2015 genesis previously and hated them.
    Sounds like you need something in the Grand Touring line or a very plush UHPAS.

Grand Touring: Turanza Serenity, Premier A/S, Primacy MXM
    UHPAS: ExtremeContact DWS06, Pilot Sport A/S 3+, P Zero All Season Plus

The Pzeros from Pirelli have a softer compound and do a bit better in the winter. Downside is the softer compound...tends to wear a bit short of the warranty.

Robfmhs is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Hello everyone, again, thanks for all the guidance. Got a set of the PSA/S 3+ Put on my car last week. You were absolutely right, they are the perfect tire for this car. Rides and drives better than new. So happy I’m getting another set just to have a back up. Again, my sincere appreciation for the guidance. I couldn’t be happier with my choice.

Origin_G80 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in CT

I have MXM4s on my G80 and i cant say i am a big fan even tho i am getting a little over 60k miles out of them. Vibration on smooth roads makes me wanna go try a different brand tire.

EdP is offline Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Origin_G80 View Post
    I have MXM4s on my G80 and i cant say i am a big fan even tho i am getting a little over 60k miles out of them. Vibration on smooth roads makes me wanna go try a different brand tire.
    Do you have an anti-gravity device to keep you from touching the road all the time? I changed mine at 30,000. Could have squeezed a bit more but was taking a 4000 mile trip and figured I'd eliminate a potential problem.

joeponds1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

I had the Primacy MXM4 changed out with 1500 miles to a new set of MXM4,s The stealer did not want to use a other tire company or other tire at all.
    Well I have 5000 miles and the same vibrations and wheel wobble. What a shame to put this tire on a top line auto.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by joeponds1 View Post
    I had the Primacy MXM4 changed out with 1500 miles to a new set of MXM4,s The stealer did not want to use a other tire company or other tire at all.
    Well I have 5000 miles and the same vibrations and wheel wobble. What a shame to put this tire on a top line auto.
    It's not the tires, its your car (or maybe the way the dealer installed the tires on your car if you are lucky). I would take them to Costco or Discount Tire for rebalance and rotation.

joeponds1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    It's not the tires, its your car (or maybe the way the dealer installed the tires on your car if you are lucky). I would take them to Costco or Discount Tire for rebalance and rotation.
    Mark I will do as you suggested, lets see if it,s a fix.

Thanks joe

jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    It could be something else, but.. it could still be the tires. I had 2 sets of Michelin Primacy MXM4s that had bad vibration issues that could not be balanced out. I got a final swap for Conti Extreme Contact DWS06s that totally solved the issue. I don't suggest that all of the MXM4s are bad, but there have been many users on this forum who only solved their vibration issues with other tires. To be fair, some seem never to have solved the issue even after tire swaps. It could be a combination of things.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

dxtra196 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    Try the pirelli p zero all season plus good all around grip, handling plus superior ride quality over bumps and road imperfections

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12