Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Much faster remote start
    GenesisX is offline Registered Member What I drive: G80 Sport Polar Ice
    I live in Boston

Default Much faster remote start

Members don't see this ad
    One thing I have noticed is that the remote start is so much faster on the 2018. My 2015 would take over a minute to start if at all. Lots of “unable to process” errors or just nothing. The 2018 is much faster. I just clocked it at 15 seconds.

EdP is offline Sustaining Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Default Re: Much faster remote start

Not my experience. I started mine today and it was over a minute but i walked away after that so I'm not sure of the total. No errors so far though. On my Sonatas I had an aftermarket starter installed and it was pretty much instant, even locking doors if they were not. To try it, I just sent a door lock command and it took 50 seconds.

The reason for the aftermarket starter on the Sonata was the failure rate of BlueLink on cold mornings. By the time it would finally get past error messages and start I could be dressed, run out to start it, come back in and eat breakfast. They seem to have increased reliability though.

CSULA21 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Los Angeles, CA

Why did Hyundai/Genesis not allow for the car to be started via the FOB? I think it's cool that you can do it via the app, but almost every car nowadays allow the car to be started via the FOB.

TroyK is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    imo, they should offer both fob and app remote start. i'm pretty sure they made it app only so you'd have to buy bluelink. however, as i write that i do realize the first three years are free on new vehicles. it wasn't on my 2015.